Really it's shocking to hear that the five times national champion and a Bronze medalist in the 1994 Asian Boxing Championship, Lakha Singh is currently driving a taxi in order to make ends meet. It's appalling to see a man of his caliber, who should have been training the future generation of boxers, driving a taxi for survival. While he allegedly blames the country for abandoning him, the govt. labeled him as a deserter.
Previously he carried India's hopes in boxing in the 1996 Atlanta Olympics as well, but he couldn't repeat the success he had at national and the Asian level. Two years after the 96 Olympics, his life took a turn for the worse. Meanwhile Singh was scheduled to take part in the World Military Boxing Championship in 1998, however, he slipped out of the Texas airport and just vanished.
Moreover on the other hand, Singh says that he was kidnapped, and held captive for a month in the US. 'With no longer valid visa and money in his pocket, he had worked at gas stations, restaurants, construction sites etc. and it took him eight years to save the money required to buy a ticket back to India. Moreover he was happy to return, but was shocked to learn that he had been declared a deserter by the Army'.
PM Narendra Modi spoke about recent Supreme Court judges' rebellion, GST, demonetization & Congress New Delhi sources have reported that in his first comments on the judicial crisis, Modi on Sunday said the government and political parties must stay out of it while expressing confidence that the judiciary will sit together to find a solution to its problems. Meanwhile he also said the Indian judiciary has a bright history and is full of very capable people.
- Scientists developed ultrathin electronic skin tattoos with hand gestures
- Share of TN government hospitals under the insurance scheme increased from 35.7% to 41.9%
- Bawana fire tragedy triggered a political blame game through social websites
- Anant Kumar Hegde plunged into another major firestorm with his controversy remark
- ISRO focuses on developing a reusable launch vehicle involving new technologies & Scramjet engine
- More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!
- TRAI recommends Mobile usage in flight journeys!
- An appeal against the release of Raja and Kanimozhi!
- Modi's answers to the hug criticism!!
- Tamilnadu CM said people should tolerate the hike in bus fares
- Will women become safe after this new rule by Delhi Court?
- Has Trump made America great again after his one year in office?
- GHMC fined a Star Hotel for using unstamped meat