Facebook has become one of the routines of anyone in the world, just as it is common to eat and sleep on a regular basis. In India, one of the biggest issues now is mandatory linking of Aadhaar with almost all of the services including banking services, mobile operators, ration stores and even in entering pubs and brothel spaces in India requiring Aadhaar.
While Facebook is already waging a fight against fake ids and profiles in the social media platform, Aadhar can definitely be of huge help in the elimination of such accounts. It has been now reported that Facebook is prompting new users to enter their name as per Aadhar id thereby indicating an association. Besides such issues were encountered when users tried creating an account through opera or Safari browsers and not in all browsers.
While questioned, Facebook had given a mail reply that this was only a prompt and the test was conducted only on few users while it is not mandatory to have facebook name as in Aadhar besides also confirming that it was not about linking Aadhar with Facebook and it was just a prompt. While already there are huge questions regarding the transparency of Aadhar, this move of Facebook is sending shivers to most people about breach of privacy.
US Government shutdown to ensure that all unpaid workers received retroactive pay Accordingly the US government on Saturday shut down after a period of five years as Congress failed to overcome standoff over spending and immigration. Meanwhile US President Donald Trump and Congress were unable to pass the short-term bill to keep the US government open and prevent agencies from shutting down.
- Decision by TRAI allows airlines to offer calls, internet services once they meet security norms
- Chintakindi Malleshwam journey shows how hardship can win Padma Shri
- Will Kamal quit cinema and join poltics full time or is he gonna sail in Two Boats?
- KTR's marvelous plan to link MoU with Tokyo for Telangana
- Tamilnadu Government increased fares of State run transport corporations by 20 to 54.54%
- Padmavat - what a "waist" of time! Deepika's waist is covered now!
- Indian President unveiled a book titled 'The Heartfulness Way'
- Aadhaar seeding & bank account linking helps do away with multiple provident fund accounts
- Is there any ultimate solution to ensure children's safety in schools?
- Trump said Tax cuts are the most significant reforms in American history
- Do you know AP's position in Per Capita Income?
- Election Commission disqualified 20 AAP MLAs for holding 'Office of Profit' of Kejriwal Government
- Patent reveals Samsung plans to put front camera, sensors underneath the display
- Supreme Court stays ban by Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana and MP for screening Padmaavat
- Election commission against 20 AAP MLAs!