Chennai sources have reported that tense situation prevailed at the residence of former Tamil Nadu chief minister Jayalalitha at Poes Garden when a large number of IT and revenue officials descended to examine some documents. Meanwhile the supporters of jailed Chinnamma Sasikala gathered in large numbers and shouted anti-government slogans protesting the raids.
Earlier the Tamil Nadu Government had decided to convert Veda Nilayam at Poes Garden into a memorial for Jayalalitha. But, two rooms in the building are under CBI custody. Further the IT and Revenue officials have decided to conduct joint examination of the two rooms so that they could be opened and be made part of the memorial.
However, Sasikala supporters
alleged that in the name of opening of the rooms, the government was trying to
tarnish the image of Purutchi Thalaivi. According to sources the two rooms
contain pen drives, laptops, several key documents and other valuables used by
PM Narendra Modi spoke about recent Supreme Court judges' rebellion, GST, demonetization & Congress New Delhi sources have reported that in his first comments on the judicial crisis, Modi on Sunday said the government and political parties must stay out of it while expressing confidence that the judiciary will sit together to find a solution to its problems. Meanwhile he also said the Indian judiciary has a bright history and is full of very capable people.
- Scientists developed ultrathin electronic skin tattoos with hand gestures
- Share of TN government hospitals under the insurance scheme increased from 35.7% to 41.9%
- Bawana fire tragedy triggered a political blame game through social websites
- Anant Kumar Hegde plunged into another major firestorm with his controversy remark
- ISRO focuses on developing a reusable launch vehicle involving new technologies & Scramjet engine
- More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!
- TRAI recommends Mobile usage in flight journeys!
- An appeal against the release of Raja and Kanimozhi!
- Modi's answers to the hug criticism!!
- Tamilnadu CM said people should tolerate the hike in bus fares
- Will women become safe after this new rule by Delhi Court?
- Has Trump made America great again after his one year in office?
- GHMC fined a Star Hotel for using unstamped meat