According to sources none other than India's Vice President Venkaiah Naidu was 'duped' by a weight-loss pill ad and this was admitted and revealed by Naidu himself. Meanwhile when sharing his personal experience that how he lost Rs 1230 for weight loss pills, Vice President Venkaiah has asked the Union Government to take immediate action over the menace of misleading and fake advertisements.
Venkaiah Naidu said in Rajya Sabha on Friday that "Soon after becoming the vice president, he came across an advertisement for a medication which promised to help lose weight in 28 days. He talked to a few people, but they said this was not true. Then he saw the advertisement, which mentioned that the consumer needed to pay Rs 1,230 and he made the payment”.
Moreover what Venkaiah further said was rather
shocking and surprising. Accordingly Venkaiah added that he has received a
packet which asked him to pay Rs 1,000 more to get the "original
medicine" , instead of receiving a package of the pills.
US Government shutdown to ensure that all unpaid workers received retroactive pay Accordingly the US government on Saturday shut down after a period of five years as Congress failed to overcome standoff over spending and immigration. Meanwhile US President Donald Trump and Congress were unable to pass the short-term bill to keep the US government open and prevent agencies from shutting down.
- Decision by TRAI allows airlines to offer calls, internet services once they meet security norms
- Chintakindi Malleshwam journey shows how hardship can win Padma Shri
- Will Kamal quit cinema and join poltics full time or is he gonna sail in Two Boats?
- KTR's marvelous plan to link MoU with Tokyo for Telangana
- Tamilnadu Government increased fares of State run transport corporations by 20 to 54.54%
- Padmavat - what a "waist" of time! Deepika's waist is covered now!
- Indian President unveiled a book titled 'The Heartfulness Way'
- Aadhaar seeding & bank account linking helps do away with multiple provident fund accounts
- Is there any ultimate solution to ensure children's safety in schools?
- Trump said Tax cuts are the most significant reforms in American history
- Do you know AP's position in Per Capita Income?
- Election Commission disqualified 20 AAP MLAs for holding 'Office of Profit' of Kejriwal Government
- Patent reveals Samsung plans to put front camera, sensors underneath the display
- Supreme Court stays ban by Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana and MP for screening Padmaavat
- Election commission against 20 AAP MLAs!