Hyderabad sources have stated that while the Telangana government is boasting of bringing investments into software industry, the year 2017 has witnessed large scale layoffs leaving thousands of professionals jobless. Meanwhile the software giants like Cognizant, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, Wipro and the last to give nightmare to techies was Verizon.
Further it may be recalled that Wipro had sent as many as 600 employees home. Cognizant retrenched about 6,000 of its employees while Infosys sacked about 9,000 odd employees. This December, Verizon fired more than 900 of its workforce. Bank of America too sacked more than 100 employees in the city.
According to sources more than 2,000 employees
who had been retrenched, had reached out to the labor department of Telangana
and filed petitions in labor courts in the city. Moreover the labor court in
the city passed a judgment in favor of employees asking the Cognizant to
resolve the case in an amicable manner and the Court gave the company deadline
of January 3.
PM Narendra Modi spoke about recent Supreme Court judges' rebellion, GST, demonetization & Congress New Delhi sources have reported that in his first comments on the judicial crisis, Modi on Sunday said the government and political parties must stay out of it while expressing confidence that the judiciary will sit together to find a solution to its problems. Meanwhile he also said the Indian judiciary has a bright history and is full of very capable people.
- Scientists developed ultrathin electronic skin tattoos with hand gestures
- Share of TN government hospitals under the insurance scheme increased from 35.7% to 41.9%
- Bawana fire tragedy triggered a political blame game through social websites
- Anant Kumar Hegde plunged into another major firestorm with his controversy remark
- ISRO focuses on developing a reusable launch vehicle involving new technologies & Scramjet engine
- More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!
- TRAI recommends Mobile usage in flight journeys!
- An appeal against the release of Raja and Kanimozhi!
- Modi's answers to the hug criticism!!
- Tamilnadu CM said people should tolerate the hike in bus fares
- Will women become safe after this new rule by Delhi Court?
- Has Trump made America great again after his one year in office?
- GHMC fined a Star Hotel for using unstamped meat