Hyderabad sources have stated that while the Telangana government is boasting of bringing investments into software industry, the year 2017 has witnessed large scale layoffs leaving thousands of professionals jobless. Meanwhile the software giants like Cognizant, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, Wipro and the last to give nightmare to techies was Verizon.
Further it may be recalled that Wipro had sent as many as 600 employees home. Cognizant retrenched about 6,000 of its employees while Infosys sacked about 9,000 odd employees. This December, Verizon fired more than 900 of its workforce. Bank of America too sacked more than 100 employees in the city.
According to sources more than 2,000 employees
who had been retrenched, had reached out to the labor department of Telangana
and filed petitions in labor courts in the city. Moreover the labor court in
the city passed a judgment in favor of employees asking the Cognizant to
resolve the case in an amicable manner and the Court gave the company deadline
of January 3.
WhatsApp has received flak from the Indian government over fake news New Delhi sources stated that WhatsApp said its users in India will not be allowed to forward more than five chats at once and the company will remove the quick forward button that appears next to media messages, as part of its efforts to reduce circulation of fake messages on the platform that have even incited mob lynching incidents.
- Why YS Jagan called for Bandh on July 24?
- Ram Mohan Naidu's Hindi speech in Lok Sabha became talking point
- Kenyan court sentenced beauty queen to death for murdering her boyfriend
- National Democratic Alliance has confidence of 125 crore people: Modi
- Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders