Hyderabad sources have stated that for the first time after the formation of the Telangana state, the forest department is planning a Tiger census. Previously when the state was undivided the last such count was in 2014. According to the forest department officials, the census would be taken up for five days in the third or fourth week of January.
According to sources the human and wildlife conflict, climate change, poaching and illegal wildlife trade are among the major reasons that have pushed the feline into the endangered category facing risk of extinction in the wild over the years.
Moreover at the last count, there were 17 tigers in the Telangana state.
The tiger census is taken up in the country every four years and is coordinated
by the National Tiger Conservation Agency (NTCA). Further the Wildlife
Institute of India in Dehradun provides technical guidance. The counting
exercise also includes carnivorous animals and mega-herbivores.
Hybrid much rarer than blue whales: Masson As per report the slaughter in Iceland of what is claimed was a member of the endangered species has triggered outrage and left experts puzzled about its true identity. Sea Shepherd, an international non-profit marine conservation movement, said in a statement that "There has not been a blue whale harpooned by anyone for the last 50 years until this one".
- Nawaz Sharifs Lawyers files an appeal against Accountability Court
- IMD forecasts Heavy Rain in Telangana for next 48 hours
- Ambanis net worth stood at $44.3 billion as per Bloomberg Billionaires Index
- Govt run temples in TN to get certification from Food Safety %Standards Authority of India
- Is there any motive behind Pakistan blast?
- Rahul Gandhi hit back at BJP
- Famous Jagannath Rath Yatra taken off in flying colors
- Mehbooba Mufti's predecessor & National Conference leader Omar Abdullah mocked at Mufti's warning
- Amit Shah chalked out Poll strategy for Telangana
- 6 died & 2 admitted in hospital after a gas leakage at Gerdau Steel plant
- Hyderabad school bans certain foods not to be brought for lunch
- Donald Trump ready to help NATO countries to buy US weapons
- Major controversy debate between BJP & Congress by Shashi Tharoor
- INDOFOS issued a warning of Heavy Rain for AP
- Osmania University makes new rule for PhD Thesis submitting students