Hyderabad sources have stated that for the first time after the formation of the Telangana state, the forest department is planning a Tiger census. Previously when the state was undivided the last such count was in 2014. According to the forest department officials, the census would be taken up for five days in the third or fourth week of January.
According to sources the human and wildlife conflict, climate change, poaching and illegal wildlife trade are among the major reasons that have pushed the feline into the endangered category facing risk of extinction in the wild over the years.
Moreover at the last count, there were 17 tigers in the Telangana state.
The tiger census is taken up in the country every four years and is coordinated
by the National Tiger Conservation Agency (NTCA). Further the Wildlife
Institute of India in Dehradun provides technical guidance. The counting
exercise also includes carnivorous animals and mega-herbivores.
Cleaner caught with obscene images of female software company employees! A cleaner working in a software company in Bengaluru was arrested on charges of capturing photographs of female employees of the company in vulgar and obscene manner. The incident had happened at a software company at Indra Nagar. Dharmendra Kumar Yadav, 24 worked as a cleaner at the said software company.
- King Khan's terrific speech at Economic Forum!!
- Supreme Court instructs MP, Rajasthan to release Padmavat!
- Woman raped, with husband at Gunpoint!
- Price of petrol went up by 15 paisa per liter & diesel by 19 paisa
- Will PM Modi address the plenary session at the WEF in Davos in front of the world leaders?
- Petitioner seeks HC direction in filing cases against AP, Telangana Colleges
- Jio's Republic Day offer provides 1.5 GB per day instead of 1GB Per day
- Do you have any projection from 2018 Budget?
- Pawan made a perfect debut in Telangana
- Do you know the food menu for Dinner for PM Modi at Davos?
- Will there be any Income tax cut in 2018 Budget?
- We all have heard the term Budget.... What is it?
- SHOCKING! Here After you can't buy Products at Lower Price on ONLINE SHOPPING SITES - Modi Govt changes Accounting System
- Trump signed a bill reopening the Government to temporarily pay for resuming operations
- Bengaluru flat owners unable to get khata certificates from revenue officials