New Delhi sources have reported that the contentious bill that criminalizes instant triple talaq among Muslims, already passed by the Lok Sabha, is set to be introduced in the Rajya Sabha and the bill, which makes instant triple talaq illegal with up to three years in jail for the husband, was passed by the Lower House last week. Meanwhile the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill is listed for introduction in the Rajya Sabha by Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on January 2, according to the list of business of the Upper House.
Furthermore this bill gives power to the victim to approach a magistrate seeking "subsistence allowance" for her and minor children in the case of instant triple talaq or talaq-e-biddat.
Moreover a victim can also seek the custody of
her minor children from the magistrate. Presently under the law, instant triple
talaq in any form spoken, in writing or by electronic means such as email, SMS
and WhatsApp would be illegal and void. Meanwhile, the Indian Union Muslim
League (IUML) has claimed that various Muslim bodies in the country would move
the Supreme Court if the bill is also passed by the Rajya Sabha.
Report says Collector Amrapali Kaata is going to get married soon Accordingly whoever is observing Telangana politics, especially related to Warangal district, dynamic lady collector Amrapali Kaata is a well-known name. She was born in 1982, and a young IAS officer from 2010 batch belonging to Andhra Pradesh cadre and currently posted as Warangal Urban Collector.
- Shocking: Union Oil Minister trying to bring petrol and diesel under the purview of GST
- Will Padmaavat be screened in Telangana?
- ICICI Bank chief said GDP growth for 2017-18 should also be in excess of 6.5%
- PM Narendra Modi spoke about recent Supreme Court judges' rebellion, GST, demonetization & Congress
- Scientists developed ultrathin electronic skin tattoos with hand gestures
- Share of TN government hospitals under the insurance scheme increased from 35.7% to 41.9%
- Bawana fire tragedy triggered a political blame game through social websites
- Anant Kumar Hegde plunged into another major firestorm with his controversy remark
- ISRO focuses on developing a reusable launch vehicle involving new technologies & Scramjet engine
- More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!
- TRAI recommends Mobile usage in flight journeys!
- An appeal against the release of Raja and Kanimozhi!
- Modi's answers to the hug criticism!!