Hyderabad sources have stated that according to an official statement Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao described the initiative as a "wonderful victory". He said "With 24 hour quality, uninterrupted and free power to the farm sector, Telangana will go down in the history as the first state in the country which is supplying round the clock power to all sectors".
Meanwhile Rao congratulated all the officials concerned and said everyone in the country was looking up to Telangana for the "revolutionary" changes that took place in the power sector. The chief minister also held a meeting with TS Genco, Transco CMD D Prabhakar Rao and other senior officials of power utilities in the backdrop of launching the 24 hour supply to the farm sector.
Moreover the initiative would push the overall
power demand to 11,000 MW by March this year. The government had previously
stated that "By spending Rs 12,610 crore in setting up new power lines,
transformers and sub-stations, the state power utilities have made elaborate
arrangements for power supply".
PM Narendra Modi spoke about recent Supreme Court judges' rebellion, GST, demonetization & Congress New Delhi sources have reported that in his first comments on the judicial crisis, Modi on Sunday said the government and political parties must stay out of it while expressing confidence that the judiciary will sit together to find a solution to its problems. Meanwhile he also said the Indian judiciary has a bright history and is full of very capable people.
- Scientists developed ultrathin electronic skin tattoos with hand gestures
- Share of TN government hospitals under the insurance scheme increased from 35.7% to 41.9%
- Bawana fire tragedy triggered a political blame game through social websites
- Anant Kumar Hegde plunged into another major firestorm with his controversy remark
- ISRO focuses on developing a reusable launch vehicle involving new technologies & Scramjet engine
- More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!
- TRAI recommends Mobile usage in flight journeys!
- An appeal against the release of Raja and Kanimozhi!
- Modi's answers to the hug criticism!!
- Tamilnadu CM said people should tolerate the hike in bus fares
- Will women become safe after this new rule by Delhi Court?
- Has Trump made America great again after his one year in office?
- GHMC fined a Star Hotel for using unstamped meat