According to sources presently US is planning to change its visa regime so that those who hold H-1B visas will have to go back home if they have green card applications pending. Meanwhile as per report the World Trade Organisation (WTO) rules for India to challenge that, but thus far, South Block's diplomacy has been weak and wobbly on that issue.
Report says that as many as 500,000 Indian workers, mostly techies, may be send back to India if Washington's proposal comes true. Presently software association Nasscom has called the criteria attached to the US proposal as it lobbies to help IT companies such as Infosys and Tata Consultancy Services.
the visa restrictions under the “Buy American, Hire American” plan are
essentially a non-tariff barrier to free trade. Trump has been proudly
defending American interests in jobs, forgetting that trade is a two-way
street, especially between nations.
Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US Washington sources reported that H-1B workers are "frequently" placed in poor working conditions and "vulnerable to abuse", a US think tank claimed seeking reforms such as substantial increase in wages. Meanwhile in a report, the South Asia Center of the Atlantic Council also sought safeguards like providing fair working conditions, and greater employment rights for those working under the visa program.
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19