According to sources more than 15 inches (40cm) has blanketed sand dunes across the small town of Ain Sefra, Algeria. Sources have stated that it is the second time snow has hit in nearly 40 years, with a dusting also recorded in December 2016.
Accordingly this snowfall which hit yesterday is much deeper than the fleeting shower little more than a year ago. Further the locals, who endure temperatures of 37C in summer, were stunned as dense snow settled on the town, known as ‘the gateway to the desert’. Meanwhile a spokesman at the Meteorological Office said "Cold air was pulled down south in to North Africa over the weekend as a result of high pressure over Europe".
Sahara Desert covers most of Northern Africa and it has gone through shifts in
temperature and moisture over the past few hundred thousand years although the
Sahara is very dry today, it is expected to become green again in about 15,000
Navaratri Celebrations in Tamilnadu Dussehra celebrations are on in full swing across the country. While the festivities may go by different names in different states, the fervor and enthusiasm remains the same. Goddess Durga is worshiped in West Bengal, whereas it is Devi Chamundeswari in Karnataka. Gujarat celebrates with the colorful Dandiya Raas and Golu dolls find a special place in homes across Tamilnadu.
- Rituals to be followed during Saraswati Pooja
- Know about Saraswati Pooja and its Importance
- Man throws acid on lady!
- Leena complains on Susi!
- Woman kicks 16 year old!
- Tension prevails in Sabarimala!
- Mysuru getting ready for Dussehra this Friday
- Pawan's fresh statement to be a political weapon for TDP in AP
- Will TRS Party defeat TDP?
- TRS Party released Manifesto for upcoming Telangana Elections
- Federal judge dismissed porn star Stormy Daniels' defamation lawsuit against Trump
- World's Most UNSAFE place for WOMEN - INDIA GETS RANK ONE
- Baba Ramdev supporting STERLITE
- Another Survivor opens up about Lyricist Vairamuthu
- Jana Sena running out of cash