According to sources more than 15 inches (40cm) has blanketed sand dunes across the small town of Ain Sefra, Algeria. Sources have stated that it is the second time snow has hit in nearly 40 years, with a dusting also recorded in December 2016.
Accordingly this snowfall which hit yesterday is much deeper than the fleeting shower little more than a year ago. Further the locals, who endure temperatures of 37C in summer, were stunned as dense snow settled on the town, known as ‘the gateway to the desert’. Meanwhile a spokesman at the Meteorological Office said "Cold air was pulled down south in to North Africa over the weekend as a result of high pressure over Europe".
Sahara Desert covers most of Northern Africa and it has gone through shifts in
temperature and moisture over the past few hundred thousand years although the
Sahara is very dry today, it is expected to become green again in about 15,000
SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments According to sources Cricketers Hardik Pandya and Lokesh Rahul will have to wait longer to return to international cricket as the Committee of Administrators (CoA) asked the Supreme Court to appoint an ombudsman to look into the issue. Meanwhile with the Special Bench comprising Justices S.A. Bobde and A.M. Sapre deciding to adjourn the case till next week, the duo will not be able
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities