According to sources more than 15 inches (40cm) has blanketed sand dunes across the small town of Ain Sefra, Algeria. Sources have stated that it is the second time snow has hit in nearly 40 years, with a dusting also recorded in December 2016.
Accordingly this snowfall which hit yesterday is much deeper than the fleeting shower little more than a year ago. Further the locals, who endure temperatures of 37C in summer, were stunned as dense snow settled on the town, known as ‘the gateway to the desert’. Meanwhile a spokesman at the Meteorological Office said "Cold air was pulled down south in to North Africa over the weekend as a result of high pressure over Europe".
Sahara Desert covers most of Northern Africa and it has gone through shifts in
temperature and moisture over the past few hundred thousand years although the
Sahara is very dry today, it is expected to become green again in about 15,000
More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance Vijayawada sources have stated that the brightly colored common man's vehicle, Vijayawada rickshaw, which earned the city the name of second Kolkata in India, is being overtaken by autos. Meanwhile most of the rickshaw-pullers are turning into coolies with autos becoming the common mode of travel. Moreover rickshaw, which does not cause any pollution, was the vehicle used by the middle-class to ply short distances in the city.
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!
- TRAI recommends Mobile usage in flight journeys!
- An appeal against the release of Raja and Kanimozhi!
- Modi's answers to the hug criticism!!
- Tamilnadu CM said people should tolerate the hike in bus fares
- Will women become safe after this new rule by Delhi Court?
- Has Trump made America great again after his one year in office?
- GHMC fined a Star Hotel for using unstamped meat
- US Government shutdown to ensure that all unpaid workers received retroactive pay
- Decision by TRAI allows airlines to offer calls, internet services once they meet security norms
- Chintakindi Malleshwam journey shows how hardship can win Padma Shri
- Will Kamal quit cinema and join poltics full time or is he gonna sail in Two Boats?
- KTR's marvelous plan to link MoU with Tokyo for Telangana
- Tamilnadu Government increased fares of State run transport corporations by 20 to 54.54%