According to sources more than 15 inches (40cm) has blanketed sand dunes across the small town of Ain Sefra, Algeria. Sources have stated that it is the second time snow has hit in nearly 40 years, with a dusting also recorded in December 2016.
Accordingly this snowfall which hit yesterday is much deeper than the fleeting shower little more than a year ago. Further the locals, who endure temperatures of 37C in summer, were stunned as dense snow settled on the town, known as ‘the gateway to the desert’. Meanwhile a spokesman at the Meteorological Office said "Cold air was pulled down south in to North Africa over the weekend as a result of high pressure over Europe".
Sahara Desert covers most of Northern Africa and it has gone through shifts in
temperature and moisture over the past few hundred thousand years although the
Sahara is very dry today, it is expected to become green again in about 15,000
Crores of rupees donated by NRIs for Tirumala According to sources a temple official said two US based entrepreneurs had donated Rs 13.5 crore to the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala. Meanwhile the NRI devotees, originally hailing from Andhra Pradesh, donated the huge cash offerings as a fulfillment of their vow.
- Amidst huge tension Trump & Putin met for a Summit
- This country celebrated a day without cell phone
- CM Chandrababu has history of taking credit for central government schemes
- Pakistani Actress accuses her co-star on Sexual harassment case
- India's Growth is at Risk if Modi is not re-elected in 2019 Elections
- "We will bring Non-Confidence Motion against BJP..." says Mr. Chandrababu Naidu
- Trump public life filled with controversial statements about immigrants
- Irrfan Khan in London under treatment for rare Cancer
- Rajinikanth in favor of simultaneous elections
- PM Narendra Modi accused Congress for standing only with Muslim men
- Salem 8 Lane Highways expected budget is 10,000 Crore
- TTD announces No devotees be allowed inside Temple from August 9 to August 17
- Boat capsized at East Godavari hitting pillar of an under-construction bridge
- Has Crime rate gone down in Hyderabad?
- Do you know what the last English word is!