Los Angeles sources have stated that US immigration agents had descended on dozens of 7-Eleven stores before dawn Wednesday to open employment audits and interview workers in what officials described as the largest operation against an employer under Donald Trump’s presidency.
Meanwhile the agents targeted about 100 stores nationwide, broadening an investigation that began with a 4 year old case against a franchisee on New York’s Long Island. Accordingly the audits could lead to criminal charges or fines over the stores’ hiring practices.
Moreover the action appears to open a new front in Trump’s sharp expansion
of immigration enforcement, which has already brought a 40% increase in
deportation arrests and plans to spend billions of dollars on a border wall
with Mexico. Hardliners have been pressing for a tougher stance on employers.
Accordingly 7- Eleven Stores Inc., based in Irving, Texas, with more than 8,600
stores in the US, didn’t immediately respond to a message seeking comment.
SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments According to sources Cricketers Hardik Pandya and Lokesh Rahul will have to wait longer to return to international cricket as the Committee of Administrators (CoA) asked the Supreme Court to appoint an ombudsman to look into the issue. Meanwhile with the Special Bench comprising Justices S.A. Bobde and A.M. Sapre deciding to adjourn the case till next week, the duo will not be able
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities