Los Angeles sources have stated that US immigration agents had descended on dozens of 7-Eleven stores before dawn Wednesday to open employment audits and interview workers in what officials described as the largest operation against an employer under Donald Trump’s presidency.
Meanwhile the agents targeted about 100 stores nationwide, broadening an investigation that began with a 4 year old case against a franchisee on New York’s Long Island. Accordingly the audits could lead to criminal charges or fines over the stores’ hiring practices.
Moreover the action appears to open a new front in Trump’s sharp expansion
of immigration enforcement, which has already brought a 40% increase in
deportation arrests and plans to spend billions of dollars on a border wall
with Mexico. Hardliners have been pressing for a tougher stance on employers.
Accordingly 7- Eleven Stores Inc., based in Irving, Texas, with more than 8,600
stores in the US, didn’t immediately respond to a message seeking comment.
World's Most UNSAFE place for WOMEN - INDIA GETS RANK ONE In the list of countries where women do not have safety, India has topped, in a huge shocker for the nation. England based Thomas Reuters charitable organization had conducted a survey for the welfare of women, on the list of countries totally unsafe for women. The survey was conducted considering a total of 193 countries of the world.
- Baba Ramdev supporting STERLITE
- Another Survivor opens up about Lyricist Vairamuthu
- Jana Sena running out of cash
- A Shameful incident at the famous Kanaka Durga temple
- Why IT officials threw CM Ramesh's wife mobile into dustbin?
- Kerala celebrates Vijayadasami specially
- Why Parents enroll their kids in a preschool on Vijayadasami?
- Eastern India celebrates Vijayadasami in a different way
- Importance of Vijayadasami in different parts of India
- KCR to pen to One Crore Households
- Revathy's complaint goes against her!
- Siddharth the only supporter of Chinmayi!
- BJP fights Sabarimala verdict!
- "I can live in Pakistan than South India" - Siddhu speech gets viral!
- Tamilisai Soundararajan ridiculed Kamal Hassan