When Prime Minister Modi had announced his Smart city plan, it was expected that India will become an advanced superpower like America and other European countries in the next 10 years gradually. With 2 years since the announcement and the initiation of the Smart City project, the kind of progress that's been made in this regard, seems to be baffling.
While the plan began with the announcement to establish 100 smart cities in the country, and the selection of 90 cities to be converted into smart cities in 3 phases took place, the government had estimated a whopping budget of 1.91 lakh crores for the development of the smart cities. Being a 5-year project, between 2015-16 and 2019-20, with 500 crores expense for every financial year, only 1.4% of the funds have been spent in the last 2 years, and of the total project, only 5.2 % has been completed.
Of the 72 different plans to be executed in the 90 smart city locations, most of the plans still exist as drafts, without any execution. Of these, a chunk of the plans was allocated to 3 major cities, with 23 plans are in Delhi, 10 in Raipur, 16 in Varanasi. However Housing and city affairs ministry's Hardeep Singh Puri has revealed that projects worth 135459 crores are in various stages, and 147 plans worth 1872 crores have been completed already.
Do you have any projection from 2018 Budget? According to sources to give a boost to domestic manufacturing and its 'Make in India' program, the government is expected to increase import duty on certain items related to power, capital goods and chemicals sectors. Meanwhile the industry leaders stated that health care industry is anticipating a better role for private sector in the country's health system, a boost to the Public and Private Partnership (PPP) will also help.
- Pawan made a perfect debut in Telangana
- Do you know the food menu for Dinner for PM Modi at Davos?
- Will there be any Income tax cut in 2018 Budget?
- We all have heard the term Budget.... What is it?
- SHOCKING! Here After you can't buy Products at Lower Price on ONLINE SHOPPING SITES - Modi Govt changes Accounting System
- Trump signed a bill reopening the Government to temporarily pay for resuming operations
- Bengaluru flat owners unable to get khata certificates from revenue officials
- Telangana Citizens call it breach of privacy by the police
- Foreign Fund inflows & record gains in domestic equity markets supported the rupee
- One time password leads to heavy losses for Chennai woman!
- Finance officers killed a farmer brutally!
- Confusion in Judge Loya death case!
- AAP plans appeal against MLAs disqualification!
- India ranked at 62nd place among emerging economies on WEF
- Indian Railways arranges for CCTV Surveillance in 11000 trains & 8500 stations