When Prime Minister Modi had announced his Smart city plan, it was expected that India will become an advanced superpower like America and other European countries in the next 10 years gradually. With 2 years since the announcement and the initiation of the Smart City project, the kind of progress that's been made in this regard, seems to be baffling.
While the plan began with the announcement to establish 100 smart cities in the country, and the selection of 90 cities to be converted into smart cities in 3 phases took place, the government had estimated a whopping budget of 1.91 lakh crores for the development of the smart cities. Being a 5-year project, between 2015-16 and 2019-20, with 500 crores expense for every financial year, only 1.4% of the funds have been spent in the last 2 years, and of the total project, only 5.2 % has been completed.
Of the 72 different plans to be executed in the 90 smart city locations, most of the plans still exist as drafts, without any execution. Of these, a chunk of the plans was allocated to 3 major cities, with 23 plans are in Delhi, 10 in Raipur, 16 in Varanasi. However Housing and city affairs ministry's Hardeep Singh Puri has revealed that projects worth 135459 crores are in various stages, and 147 plans worth 1872 crores have been completed already.
Crores of rupees donated by NRIs for Tirumala According to sources a temple official said two US based entrepreneurs had donated Rs 13.5 crore to the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala. Meanwhile the NRI devotees, originally hailing from Andhra Pradesh, donated the huge cash offerings as a fulfillment of their vow.
- Amidst huge tension Trump & Putin met for a Summit
- This country celebrated a day without cell phone
- CM Chandrababu has history of taking credit for central government schemes
- Pakistani Actress accuses her co-star on Sexual harassment case
- India's Growth is at Risk if Modi is not re-elected in 2019 Elections
- "We will bring Non-Confidence Motion against BJP..." says Mr. Chandrababu Naidu
- Trump public life filled with controversial statements about immigrants
- Irrfan Khan in London under treatment for rare Cancer
- Rajinikanth in favor of simultaneous elections
- PM Narendra Modi accused Congress for standing only with Muslim men
- Salem 8 Lane Highways expected budget is 10,000 Crore
- TTD announces No devotees be allowed inside Temple from August 9 to August 17
- Boat capsized at East Godavari hitting pillar of an under-construction bridge
- Has Crime rate gone down in Hyderabad?
- Do you know what the last English word is!