When Prime Minister Modi had announced his Smart city plan, it was expected that India will become an advanced superpower like America and other European countries in the next 10 years gradually. With 2 years since the announcement and the initiation of the Smart City project, the kind of progress that's been made in this regard, seems to be baffling.
While the plan began with the announcement to establish 100 smart cities in the country, and the selection of 90 cities to be converted into smart cities in 3 phases took place, the government had estimated a whopping budget of 1.91 lakh crores for the development of the smart cities. Being a 5-year project, between 2015-16 and 2019-20, with 500 crores expense for every financial year, only 1.4% of the funds have been spent in the last 2 years, and of the total project, only 5.2 % has been completed.
Of the 72 different plans to be executed in the 90 smart city locations, most of the plans still exist as drafts, without any execution. Of these, a chunk of the plans was allocated to 3 major cities, with 23 plans are in Delhi, 10 in Raipur, 16 in Varanasi. However Housing and city affairs ministry's Hardeep Singh Puri has revealed that projects worth 135459 crores are in various stages, and 147 plans worth 1872 crores have been completed already.
SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments According to sources Cricketers Hardik Pandya and Lokesh Rahul will have to wait longer to return to international cricket as the Committee of Administrators (CoA) asked the Supreme Court to appoint an ombudsman to look into the issue. Meanwhile with the Special Bench comprising Justices S.A. Bobde and A.M. Sapre deciding to adjourn the case till next week, the duo will not be able
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities