Bengaluru sources have stated that a day after the revised cab fares were announced by the Transport Department, cab aggregators and other taxis witnessed a sharp dip in passengers on Thursday. This is despite the fact that cab operators have still not started charging new tariffs.
Tanveer Pasha, President said On hearing about revision of fares, passengers turned to hailing autos, metro and buses. Drivers said they usually get 8 to15 rides a day, but got only 3 to 4 bookings on Thursday”. He observed that the decision has helped neither the commuters nor drivers.
Meanwhile Transport Commissioner
Dayanand told, “There was no discussion on Thursday regarding cab fares and
they are fixed. The new rates do not have a bearing on share, pool rides. That
is still a grey area and we have written to the Centre seeking clarification."
and Uber did not respond to queries whether they have implemented revised fares
or when they plan to do so.
Crores of rupees donated by NRIs for Tirumala According to sources a temple official said two US based entrepreneurs had donated Rs 13.5 crore to the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala. Meanwhile the NRI devotees, originally hailing from Andhra Pradesh, donated the huge cash offerings as a fulfillment of their vow.
- Amidst huge tension Trump & Putin met for a Summit
- This country celebrated a day without cell phone
- CM Chandrababu has history of taking credit for central government schemes
- Pakistani Actress accuses her co-star on Sexual harassment case
- India's Growth is at Risk if Modi is not re-elected in 2019 Elections
- "We will bring Non-Confidence Motion against BJP..." says Mr. Chandrababu Naidu
- Trump public life filled with controversial statements about immigrants
- Irrfan Khan in London under treatment for rare Cancer
- Rajinikanth in favor of simultaneous elections
- PM Narendra Modi accused Congress for standing only with Muslim men
- Salem 8 Lane Highways expected budget is 10,000 Crore
- TTD announces No devotees be allowed inside Temple from August 9 to August 17
- Boat capsized at East Godavari hitting pillar of an under-construction bridge
- Has Crime rate gone down in Hyderabad?
- Do you know what the last English word is!