Chennai sources have stated that bus services returned to normal in Tamilnadu from today (12/01/18) after transport workers withdrew their eight day old strike over wage related issues. Meanwhile in a huge relief to the public, especially ahead of the harvest festival ‘Pongal’ falling on January 14, buses were seen plying normally on roads since Friday morning.
According to sources the government has declared a holiday on Friday for schools and colleges in view of Pongal, resulting in five day holidays for students. Earlier on Thursday night, CITU leader A Soundarrajan had announced that the indefinite strike was being “temporarily” called off, shortly after the Madras High Court appointed an arbitrator to settle their wage dispute with the government.
He said “The strike is being temporarily withdrawn
keeping in mind the welfare of the people of the state,” adding that workers
would resume work from Friday morning. While the
unions wanted a 2.57 times hike, the government offered only 2.44, resulting in
Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US Washington sources reported that H-1B workers are "frequently" placed in poor working conditions and "vulnerable to abuse", a US think tank claimed seeking reforms such as substantial increase in wages. Meanwhile in a report, the South Asia Center of the Atlantic Council also sought safeguards like providing fair working conditions, and greater employment rights for those working under the visa program.
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19