Chennai sources have stated that bus services returned to normal in Tamilnadu from today (12/01/18) after transport workers withdrew their eight day old strike over wage related issues. Meanwhile in a huge relief to the public, especially ahead of the harvest festival ‘Pongal’ falling on January 14, buses were seen plying normally on roads since Friday morning.
According to sources the government has declared a holiday on Friday for schools and colleges in view of Pongal, resulting in five day holidays for students. Earlier on Thursday night, CITU leader A Soundarrajan had announced that the indefinite strike was being “temporarily” called off, shortly after the Madras High Court appointed an arbitrator to settle their wage dispute with the government.
He said “The strike is being temporarily withdrawn
keeping in mind the welfare of the people of the state,” adding that workers
would resume work from Friday morning. While the
unions wanted a 2.57 times hike, the government offered only 2.44, resulting in
More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance Vijayawada sources have stated that the brightly colored common man's vehicle, Vijayawada rickshaw, which earned the city the name of second Kolkata in India, is being overtaken by autos. Meanwhile most of the rickshaw-pullers are turning into coolies with autos becoming the common mode of travel. Moreover rickshaw, which does not cause any pollution, was the vehicle used by the middle-class to ply short distances in the city.
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!
- TRAI recommends Mobile usage in flight journeys!
- An appeal against the release of Raja and Kanimozhi!
- Modi's answers to the hug criticism!!
- Tamilnadu CM said people should tolerate the hike in bus fares
- Will women become safe after this new rule by Delhi Court?
- Has Trump made America great again after his one year in office?
- GHMC fined a Star Hotel for using unstamped meat
- US Government shutdown to ensure that all unpaid workers received retroactive pay
- Decision by TRAI allows airlines to offer calls, internet services once they meet security norms
- Chintakindi Malleshwam journey shows how hardship can win Padma Shri
- Will Kamal quit cinema and join poltics full time or is he gonna sail in Two Boats?
- KTR's marvelous plan to link MoU with Tokyo for Telangana
- Tamilnadu Government increased fares of State run transport corporations by 20 to 54.54%