Chennai sources have stated that bus services returned to normal in Tamilnadu from today (12/01/18) after transport workers withdrew their eight day old strike over wage related issues. Meanwhile in a huge relief to the public, especially ahead of the harvest festival ‘Pongal’ falling on January 14, buses were seen plying normally on roads since Friday morning.
According to sources the government has declared a holiday on Friday for schools and colleges in view of Pongal, resulting in five day holidays for students. Earlier on Thursday night, CITU leader A Soundarrajan had announced that the indefinite strike was being “temporarily” called off, shortly after the Madras High Court appointed an arbitrator to settle their wage dispute with the government.
He said “The strike is being temporarily withdrawn
keeping in mind the welfare of the people of the state,” adding that workers
would resume work from Friday morning. While the
unions wanted a 2.57 times hike, the government offered only 2.44, resulting in
Crores of rupees donated by NRIs for Tirumala According to sources a temple official said two US based entrepreneurs had donated Rs 13.5 crore to the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala. Meanwhile the NRI devotees, originally hailing from Andhra Pradesh, donated the huge cash offerings as a fulfillment of their vow.
- Amidst huge tension Trump & Putin met for a Summit
- This country celebrated a day without cell phone
- CM Chandrababu has history of taking credit for central government schemes
- Pakistani Actress accuses her co-star on Sexual harassment case
- India's Growth is at Risk if Modi is not re-elected in 2019 Elections
- "We will bring Non-Confidence Motion against BJP..." says Mr. Chandrababu Naidu
- Trump public life filled with controversial statements about immigrants
- Irrfan Khan in London under treatment for rare Cancer
- Rajinikanth in favor of simultaneous elections
- PM Narendra Modi accused Congress for standing only with Muslim men
- Salem 8 Lane Highways expected budget is 10,000 Crore
- TTD announces No devotees be allowed inside Temple from August 9 to August 17
- Boat capsized at East Godavari hitting pillar of an under-construction bridge
- Has Crime rate gone down in Hyderabad?
- Do you know what the last English word is!