Hyderabad sources have stated that the Railway authorities in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have currently doubled platform ticket at some major railway stations for a week to regulate huge rush of passengers during Sankranti festival season. Meanwhile the South Central Railway (SCR) has enhanced the platform tickets at Secunderabad and Kacheguda stations in Hyderabad from Rs 10 to Rs 20 between January 11 and January 17.
Accordingly the platform tickets at Vijayawada, Rajamahendravaram and Nellore stations in Andhra Pradesh have also been doubled. Meanwhile the officials said they anticipate huge crowd of rail travelers as well as accompanying non-travelers during the festival season.
Furthermore by enhancing the platform ticket,
they hope to regulate the flow of people and avoid inconvenience to the
travelling public by ensuring decongestion of platforms. Presently a stampede-like situation prevails at major railway stations as lakhs of people
catch the trains to reach their homes for Sankranti, the harvest festival which
is celebrated in both the Telugu states.
Crores of rupees donated by NRIs for Tirumala According to sources a temple official said two US based entrepreneurs had donated Rs 13.5 crore to the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala. Meanwhile the NRI devotees, originally hailing from Andhra Pradesh, donated the huge cash offerings as a fulfillment of their vow.
- Amidst huge tension Trump & Putin met for a Summit
- This country celebrated a day without cell phone
- CM Chandrababu has history of taking credit for central government schemes
- Pakistani Actress accuses her co-star on Sexual harassment case
- India's Growth is at Risk if Modi is not re-elected in 2019 Elections
- "We will bring Non-Confidence Motion against BJP..." says Mr. Chandrababu Naidu
- Trump public life filled with controversial statements about immigrants
- Irrfan Khan in London under treatment for rare Cancer
- Rajinikanth in favor of simultaneous elections
- PM Narendra Modi accused Congress for standing only with Muslim men
- Salem 8 Lane Highways expected budget is 10,000 Crore
- TTD announces No devotees be allowed inside Temple from August 9 to August 17
- Boat capsized at East Godavari hitting pillar of an under-construction bridge
- Has Crime rate gone down in Hyderabad?
- Do you know what the last English word is!