Hyderabad sources have stated that the Railway authorities in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have currently doubled platform ticket at some major railway stations for a week to regulate huge rush of passengers during Sankranti festival season. Meanwhile the South Central Railway (SCR) has enhanced the platform tickets at Secunderabad and Kacheguda stations in Hyderabad from Rs 10 to Rs 20 between January 11 and January 17.
Accordingly the platform tickets at Vijayawada, Rajamahendravaram and Nellore stations in Andhra Pradesh have also been doubled. Meanwhile the officials said they anticipate huge crowd of rail travelers as well as accompanying non-travelers during the festival season.
Furthermore by enhancing the platform ticket,
they hope to regulate the flow of people and avoid inconvenience to the
travelling public by ensuring decongestion of platforms. Presently a stampede-like situation prevails at major railway stations as lakhs of people
catch the trains to reach their homes for Sankranti, the harvest festival which
is celebrated in both the Telugu states.
Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US Washington sources reported that H-1B workers are "frequently" placed in poor working conditions and "vulnerable to abuse", a US think tank claimed seeking reforms such as substantial increase in wages. Meanwhile in a report, the South Asia Center of the Atlantic Council also sought safeguards like providing fair working conditions, and greater employment rights for those working under the visa program.
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19