Sources have Kolkata stated that after dissenting BJP leader and former Union finance minister Yashwant Sinha had criticized the 2018-19 Union Budget presented by Arun Jaitley, saying there was no application of mind while preparing it. Meanwhile Sinha, who was the finance minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee's cabinet, said the budget did not keep in mind the global and domestic contexts under which it was being thought out.
He said at a seminar organized by the Calcutta Chamber of Commerce in Kolkata "It seems that Finance Minister Arun Jaitley did not apply his mind to the budget speech. If that be so, then he must not have applied his mind while preparing the budget itself". Moreover Sinha said the budget had announced a number of schemes, particularly in the health sector, which were not properly thought out.
Further pointing out that this was the last full
budget of the present government as Lok Sabha polls were due in 2019, he said
the decision to recapitalize the banks was announced very late and the backlog
of stalled projects was not eliminated. Sources have stated that Sinha also criticized
the Finance Bill, saying the government was making several amendments through
it, which should not have been the case.
Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks! The investigation in the Kodanadu estate death case has reached a intense point, as the two main accused Manoj and Sayan were arrested yesterday. The sensational Kodanadu estate case has turned out to be the most talked about issue in Tamilnadu politics with new shocking updates unraveling the mystery.
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post