Sources have Kolkata stated that after dissenting BJP leader and former Union finance minister Yashwant Sinha had criticized the 2018-19 Union Budget presented by Arun Jaitley, saying there was no application of mind while preparing it. Meanwhile Sinha, who was the finance minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee's cabinet, said the budget did not keep in mind the global and domestic contexts under which it was being thought out.
He said at a seminar organized by the Calcutta Chamber of Commerce in Kolkata "It seems that Finance Minister Arun Jaitley did not apply his mind to the budget speech. If that be so, then he must not have applied his mind while preparing the budget itself". Moreover Sinha said the budget had announced a number of schemes, particularly in the health sector, which were not properly thought out.
Further pointing out that this was the last full
budget of the present government as Lok Sabha polls were due in 2019, he said
the decision to recapitalize the banks was announced very late and the backlog
of stalled projects was not eliminated. Sources have stated that Sinha also criticized
the Finance Bill, saying the government was making several amendments through
it, which should not have been the case.
Devotional Politics or Films? It was announced today that Superstar Rajnikanth will next star in a movie directed by Karthik Subbaraj of Pizza, Jigarthanda and Iraivi fame, and bankrolled by Sun Pictures. Earlier, Rajnikanth had made an announcement that he will be involved in devotional politics, and was keen on starting his political journey.
- Airtel comes to the rescue of Aircel!
- Will Rahul Gandhi beat Modi in 2019?
- Is Kamal Haasan is in Confusion, to achieve corruption free Tamil nadu?
- Singer Papon in trouble over kissing!!
- Priyanka ends Modi's contract!!
- Backlash against Snapchat major revamp led to a Change.org petition entitled
- Naidu under flak over the nomination of industrialists for Rajya Sabha
- CID & ED registered two FIRs each to probe SEZ unit of Gitanjali Group
- PNB's 10,000 credit or debit card holders affected by a data breach by fugitive luxury jewelers
- Ivanka Trump likely to meet Pyongyang's delegation during its trip
- DoT unveiled a strategic plan for bringing together state owned telecom companies
- Rahul Gandhi accused TDP and BJP of cheating AP people in special status
- IT issued a show cause notice to Kothari
- Brazilian Government takes steps to eradicate yellow fever
- Indian Sikh man's turban ripped by white man outside UK Parliament