Sources have Kolkata stated that after dissenting BJP leader and former Union finance minister Yashwant Sinha had criticized the 2018-19 Union Budget presented by Arun Jaitley, saying there was no application of mind while preparing it. Meanwhile Sinha, who was the finance minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee's cabinet, said the budget did not keep in mind the global and domestic contexts under which it was being thought out.
He said at a seminar organized by the Calcutta Chamber of Commerce in Kolkata "It seems that Finance Minister Arun Jaitley did not apply his mind to the budget speech. If that be so, then he must not have applied his mind while preparing the budget itself". Moreover Sinha said the budget had announced a number of schemes, particularly in the health sector, which were not properly thought out.
Further pointing out that this was the last full
budget of the present government as Lok Sabha polls were due in 2019, he said
the decision to recapitalize the banks was announced very late and the backlog
of stalled projects was not eliminated. Sources have stated that Sinha also criticized
the Finance Bill, saying the government was making several amendments through
it, which should not have been the case.
BJP's Rafale deal explanation, and Congress turn! The social media has been filled with rift between BJP and Congress over the Rafale fighter Jet deal. Both the political parties have released videos explaining the Rafale deal, trying to explain the deal that took place. The first of these videos were released by the BJP party, who had put the video as a response to the statement by Congress president Rahul Gandhi that his party will present the Rafale deal of 2016 to get 36 fighter jets, to display the NDA government as corrupt.
- Former PM Vajpayee Health turns Critical - Modi visits AIIMS immediately
- Facebook makes it more difficult to run Fake or Compromised Accounts
- Amazon slowly but strongly keeping its Leg in Indian market
- Has Rahul Gandhi married Congress Party?
- Ease of living index based on four parameters
- Indian rupee fell to a record low of 70 against US dollar
- Weather forecast for Telangana in next two days
- Why Tamilnadu CM & his Cabinet didn't attend Karunanidhi s burial?
- BMW starts "technical campaign" in Europe to check problems in other market
- Actor Parthiban gives a shocker!
- Heavy rains all over Tamilnadu!
- Stalin cries, expressing his grief!
- High court orders transfer of Thoothukudi shootout cases to CBI!
- Women Freedom Fighters of India who fought against all Evils of Life
- #HappyIndependenceDay - PM Modi's Full Speech on 71 years of Independence