Antonio Guterres, the UN Secretary General has warned recently that without considerable and immediate action taken, 68 million girls from all over the world could face genital mutilation by 2030. In his address on eve of the International day of zero tolerance for Female genital mutilation, Antonio said that genital mutilation was a gross violation of the human rights of a women and girls, terming it as an inhuman practice.
According to the statement given by Antonio, girls and women spread over an area of 30 countries comprised by 3 continents have been facing genital mutilation, and their estimated count comes up to 200 million. UN population fund has projected that currently as 3.9 million girls are subjected to genital mutilation, this number will increase to a humongous 4.6 million in 2030, with the rapidly increasing population, and might even grow bigger, if necessary actions aren't taken.
Natalia Kanem, the executive
director said that UN will try to end this inhuman practice against women's
rights, with the help of nations demonstrating their power and with the
involvement of communities in fighting this issue and eradicate it before 2030
as targeted by UN.
What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work? Tomorrow, the discussion and the decision on the no-confidence motion passed against the central government will be happening in the parliament. At this juncture, it is essential to know what exactly is a no-confidence Motion and how it works.
- OMG... Is Dhoni retiring from ODI's and T20's ??
- TDP MP to Skip No-Trust Vote Tomorrow as he feels Modi Govt will not fall
- UP Cricket Team Selection is based on Prostitutes, Sex, and Money - Rajiv Shukla in Trouble?
- War between Yadav & Azhar continues
- VHP & Bajrang Dal commenced Road blockade Today
- Why Tamil TV Serial Starlet Priyanka committed suicide?
- JC DIVAKAR REDDYS UNRULY DECISION MAY TAMPER TDPCHANCES
- Is Modi Government ready to face first No Trust Motion be held tomorrow?
- Rahul looks like his mother who is a foreigner, he can never be PM: Jai Prakash Singh
- Kerala Govt prepares list of calamities incurred by each individual
- South Western Railway catapulted Captain Service in Bengaluru-New Delhi Karnataka Express train
- Congress & BJP "pandering" to majority community vote: Owaisi
- High Court plans a CBI inquiry on Deputy CM of TN?
- Trump's new checkmate!
- 17 abusers thrashed in Court!