Antonio Guterres, the UN Secretary General has warned recently that without considerable and immediate action taken, 68 million girls from all over the world could face genital mutilation by 2030. In his address on eve of the International day of zero tolerance for Female genital mutilation, Antonio said that genital mutilation was a gross violation of the human rights of a women and girls, terming it as an inhuman practice.
According to the statement given by Antonio, girls and women spread over an area of 30 countries comprised by 3 continents have been facing genital mutilation, and their estimated count comes up to 200 million. UN population fund has projected that currently as 3.9 million girls are subjected to genital mutilation, this number will increase to a humongous 4.6 million in 2030, with the rapidly increasing population, and might even grow bigger, if necessary actions aren't taken.
Natalia Kanem, the executive
director said that UN will try to end this inhuman practice against women's
rights, with the help of nations demonstrating their power and with the
involvement of communities in fighting this issue and eradicate it before 2030
as targeted by UN.
MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges Chennai sources stated that Opposition DMK staged state wide protests against the "corrupt" AIADMK government in Tamilnadu, with party chief MK Stalin leading the charge in Salem. Meanwhile besides Stalin, his son Udhayanidhi, sister Kanimozhi and senior DMK leaders including Durai Murugan and Dayanidhi Maran participated in demonstrations held across the state.
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG