Antonio Guterres, the UN Secretary General has warned recently that without considerable and immediate action taken, 68 million girls from all over the world could face genital mutilation by 2030. In his address on eve of the International day of zero tolerance for Female genital mutilation, Antonio said that genital mutilation was a gross violation of the human rights of a women and girls, terming it as an inhuman practice.
According to the statement given by Antonio, girls and women spread over an area of 30 countries comprised by 3 continents have been facing genital mutilation, and their estimated count comes up to 200 million. UN population fund has projected that currently as 3.9 million girls are subjected to genital mutilation, this number will increase to a humongous 4.6 million in 2030, with the rapidly increasing population, and might even grow bigger, if necessary actions aren't taken.
Natalia Kanem, the executive
director said that UN will try to end this inhuman practice against women's
rights, with the help of nations demonstrating their power and with the
involvement of communities in fighting this issue and eradicate it before 2030
as targeted by UN.
Mohammed Bagheri said Iran will 'never bow the demands of the US' According to sources the Chief of General Staff for the Iranian Armed Forces, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Bagheri, addressed a conference of military leaders from more than 35 countries yesterday as he made the stern remarks. Meanwhile in a pointed message aimed at the US he claimed Washington was too involved in the affairs of the Middle East.
- Kanna Lakshminarayana move may shock his fans
- Will Congress capture Karnataka by winning 130 seats?
- 15 persons died of sunstroke in Adilabad, Karimnagar districts
- Husband rapes wife with friends just after 3 days of marriage!
- Powerstar gets powerful notices!
- Actress sexually harassed while driving Activa scooter!
- Petrol, Diesel price rise and the effect of taxes - All you need to know!
- Pawan Twitter war turned into caste war between Kammas and Kapus
- TCS crossed $100-billion mark in terms of market capitalization
- Has Pawan surrendered to BJP?
- Can anyone weaken the Bond between BJP & AIADMK?
- Save the Constitution campaign catapulted by Congress President
- Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP