Antonio Guterres, the UN Secretary General has warned recently that without considerable and immediate action taken, 68 million girls from all over the world could face genital mutilation by 2030. In his address on eve of the International day of zero tolerance for Female genital mutilation, Antonio said that genital mutilation was a gross violation of the human rights of a women and girls, terming it as an inhuman practice.
According to the statement given by Antonio, girls and women spread over an area of 30 countries comprised by 3 continents have been facing genital mutilation, and their estimated count comes up to 200 million. UN population fund has projected that currently as 3.9 million girls are subjected to genital mutilation, this number will increase to a humongous 4.6 million in 2030, with the rapidly increasing population, and might even grow bigger, if necessary actions aren't taken.
Natalia Kanem, the executive
director said that UN will try to end this inhuman practice against women's
rights, with the help of nations demonstrating their power and with the
involvement of communities in fighting this issue and eradicate it before 2030
as targeted by UN.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes