The famous Kingfisher Company Head, Vijay Mallya is currently in the hiding in London, as he hasn't repaid any of the loans he had taken in Indian banks. With many cases of frauds filed against him in India, he has been constantly evading paying the loans and all the efforts to arrest him and bring him to India have ended in vain as he has escaped every time , with his influential image.
In this scenario, as an RTI petition was filed to the government to know the total value of all the loans taken by Mallya which are yet to be paid, the government finance ministry has responded that it has no clues on the total values, and it will not be divulging the data on Mallya's unpaid loans. It had always been accused that the Congress government was instrumental in giving Vijay Mallya huge Loans, and even last year , finance minister Arun Jaitley had accused congress, while congress had accused BJP government of being incapable of bringing Mallya to India.
As an activist Rajiv Kumar Kher had
filed an RTI to inquire on the amount of total loans taken by Mallya, the
government has given a reply that it doesn't know the amount, with the further
explanation that Mallya has taken various loans from various banks signing
numerous agreements, and the government is unsure of the amount of loans he has
taken from different banks, and hence it is not possible to give Vijay Mallya's
loan details. However the central information department has been
triggered by this response and it has instructed the finance ministry to come
up with a proper response, stating that when a question comes from the public,
they can't be giving such replies
Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project? Chennai sources reported that the Madras high court has directed the state government not to precipitate any problem, pursuant to the proposed acquisition of land for the multi crore Chennai-Salem green corridor project. Accordingly Sivagnanasambandan, counsel appearing for the petitioner, submitted that four persons have been arrested in Cheyyar and the same has been reported in newspapers.
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur