Amaravathi sources have stated that an opposition sponsored bandh began this morning in Andhra Pradesh where state-run bus services have been suspended and educational institutions shut. Opposition parties are enforcing the day long bandh to protest the "failure" of the Centre to implement the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014.
Parallel to this, the ruling Telugu Desam has been organizing rallies across the state in solidarity with its MPs "fighting in Parliament to secure the state's rights". State TDP president and Energy Minister Kimidi Kala Venkata Rao said "People and intellectuals irrespective of political affiliations should stand in solidarity with our MPs, who have been fighting in Parliament for the state's rights”.
Accordingly the commercial establishments and hotels
downed shutters in the port city while government and private schools and
colleges declared a "holiday" in view of the bandh. The Andhra
University (AU) announced suspension of classes to avoid inconvenience to
students. Registrar V Umamaheswara Rao in a statement that classes would be
suspended at the Visakhapatnam based AU and its affiliated colleges.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes