Amaravathi sources have stated that an opposition sponsored bandh began this morning in Andhra Pradesh where state-run bus services have been suspended and educational institutions shut. Opposition parties are enforcing the day long bandh to protest the "failure" of the Centre to implement the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014.
Parallel to this, the ruling Telugu Desam has been organizing rallies across the state in solidarity with its MPs "fighting in Parliament to secure the state's rights". State TDP president and Energy Minister Kimidi Kala Venkata Rao said "People and intellectuals irrespective of political affiliations should stand in solidarity with our MPs, who have been fighting in Parliament for the state's rights”.
Accordingly the commercial establishments and hotels
downed shutters in the port city while government and private schools and
colleges declared a "holiday" in view of the bandh. The Andhra
University (AU) announced suspension of classes to avoid inconvenience to
students. Registrar V Umamaheswara Rao in a statement that classes would be
suspended at the Visakhapatnam based AU and its affiliated colleges.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar