New Delhi sources have reported that the Tourism Ministry and the IRCTC have enlisted 60 bloggers from 23 countries, including India, as part of a new publicity blitz to write on luxury trains run by the railways and improve their dwindling occupancy rate. Accordingly the first of its kind venture will allow the bloggers to take a week long journey on Palace on Wheels, Maharaja Express, Deccan Odyssey and Golden Chariot in groups of 15 on each of the trains.
Meanwhile the first 15 bloggers started their journey today on the Palace on Wheels from Safdarjung Railway Station in New Delhi. Presently the decision to promote travel on the trains comes after a recent parliamentary panel report pointed out that the occupancy rate during past four years starting in 2012-13 had been 29.8%, 32.3%, 41%, 41.58% and 36.03% respectively.
As per the statement "The campaign will
generate widespread publicity for the luxury trains as well as the destinations
visited, by way of blogs, videos and photos published by the bloggers or
Instagrammers on their experiences of their journey”.
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!