New Delhi sources have reported that the Tourism Ministry and the IRCTC have enlisted 60 bloggers from 23 countries, including India, as part of a new publicity blitz to write on luxury trains run by the railways and improve their dwindling occupancy rate. Accordingly the first of its kind venture will allow the bloggers to take a week long journey on Palace on Wheels, Maharaja Express, Deccan Odyssey and Golden Chariot in groups of 15 on each of the trains.
Meanwhile the first 15 bloggers started their journey today on the Palace on Wheels from Safdarjung Railway Station in New Delhi. Presently the decision to promote travel on the trains comes after a recent parliamentary panel report pointed out that the occupancy rate during past four years starting in 2012-13 had been 29.8%, 32.3%, 41%, 41.58% and 36.03% respectively.
As per the statement "The campaign will
generate widespread publicity for the luxury trains as well as the destinations
visited, by way of blogs, videos and photos published by the bloggers or
Instagrammers on their experiences of their journey”.
Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project? Chennai sources reported that the Madras high court has directed the state government not to precipitate any problem, pursuant to the proposed acquisition of land for the multi crore Chennai-Salem green corridor project. Accordingly Sivagnanasambandan, counsel appearing for the petitioner, submitted that four persons have been arrested in Cheyyar and the same has been reported in newspapers.
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur