According to sources one of the major reasons for Modi's BJP registering a historic win in the 2019 elections is the 'effect use of social media'. Meanwhile when realizing the role Social Media can play in campaigning their agenda, and also spreading malicious information on rivals, some parties have started leveraging it illegitimate way.
Earlier on Wednesday,
the BJP had lodged a police complaint against actress turned politician and
Congress' digital communication head Divya Spandana aka Ramya for allegedly
tutoring her party social media unit to create fake social media accounts to spread
misinformation about Modi government and also to shore up Congress President
Rahul Gandhi popularity.
Moreover in their complaint, BJP said that impersonating accounts is a punishable offence and that it amounts to a detrimental conspiracy. They accused Divya of abetting the massive fake accounts conspiracy to defame PM Modi's govt. Further when clarifying on the same, Divya said the video had been edited out of context. Furthermore in a series of tweets, she said she was only explaining the difference between bots, fake accounts and multiple accounts to her party workers.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes