Chennai sources have reported that Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has decided to skip the 7th International Transnational Cancer Research Conference organized by IIT Madras following the controversy over his participation as chief guest in the event. Meanwhile the US based MD Anderson Cancer Centre has also has backed out of sponsoring the event.
Accordingly the theme of the conference is “Cancer prevention and treatment: From Ancient Medicine to Modern Medicine.” Meanwhile Ramdev in agreement with Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said, “Everything is related to karma, our birth and death are related to karma and many reasons cause diseases and one among them is karma.”
Sources in IIT Madras stated that “His name was
suggested by the conference committee that comprises eminent scholars and
oncologists and following the controversy, he informed the organizers that he
will not participate in the event”. Moreover the international conference will
be conducted at Westin hotel in Taramani from February 8 to 11.
Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP According to sources it was stated that Pawan Kalyan to attend the famous Roti Festival (Rottela Panduga) at Bara Shaheed Dargah in Nellore. Meanwhile the festival is an annual roti-sharing and wish-making festival that is believed to fulfil wishes and also called as Rotiyaan ki eid, the festival marks the sharing of Rotis among the devotees.
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process