According to sources BJP government is looking to make a "major assault" on the Constitution if the ruling party gets a majority in both the Houses of Parliament, says Congress MP Shashi Tharoor, who feels the attack on various constitutional provisions, like Article 370 on Kashmir and secularism, will be part of attempts to create a "Hindu rashtra" (nation).
Meanwhile Tharoor, a second-time Lok Sabha member from Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, also feels that the Congress and like-minded secular parties should come together on a common platform to resist the Hindutva onslaught in the next Lok Sabha elections. According to him even the Left parties could come on that platform post elections if necessary.
He said socialism, secularism, all that will have
to go. If they are embarking on such a project, and thinks they are quite
serious about it. The only thing is that they probably felt this would be too
much of a risk to be taken on in the first term, unless they also have a
majority in the Rajya Sabha. Further Tharoor said the BJP doesn't have a
two-thirds majority now because almost no other party is going to go along with
its approach. He said "Rather than fighting the battle prematurely, when
they could lose."
BJP's Rafale deal explanation, and Congress turn! The social media has been filled with rift between BJP and Congress over the Rafale fighter Jet deal. Both the political parties have released videos explaining the Rafale deal, trying to explain the deal that took place. The first of these videos were released by the BJP party, who had put the video as a response to the statement by Congress president Rahul Gandhi that his party will present the Rafale deal of 2016 to get 36 fighter jets, to display the NDA government as corrupt.
- Former PM Vajpayee Health turns Critical - Modi visits AIIMS immediately
- Facebook makes it more difficult to run Fake or Compromised Accounts
- Amazon slowly but strongly keeping its Leg in Indian market
- Has Rahul Gandhi married Congress Party?
- Ease of living index based on four parameters
- Indian rupee fell to a record low of 70 against US dollar
- Weather forecast for Telangana in next two days
- Why Tamilnadu CM & his Cabinet didn't attend Karunanidhi s burial?
- BMW starts "technical campaign" in Europe to check problems in other market
- Actor Parthiban gives a shocker!
- Heavy rains all over Tamilnadu!
- Stalin cries, expressing his grief!
- High court orders transfer of Thoothukudi shootout cases to CBI!
- Women Freedom Fighters of India who fought against all Evils of Life
- #HappyIndependenceDay - PM Modi's Full Speech on 71 years of Independence