According to sources BJP government is looking to make a "major assault" on the Constitution if the ruling party gets a majority in both the Houses of Parliament, says Congress MP Shashi Tharoor, who feels the attack on various constitutional provisions, like Article 370 on Kashmir and secularism, will be part of attempts to create a "Hindu rashtra" (nation).
Meanwhile Tharoor, a second-time Lok Sabha member from Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, also feels that the Congress and like-minded secular parties should come together on a common platform to resist the Hindutva onslaught in the next Lok Sabha elections. According to him even the Left parties could come on that platform post elections if necessary.
He said socialism, secularism, all that will have
to go. If they are embarking on such a project, and thinks they are quite
serious about it. The only thing is that they probably felt this would be too
much of a risk to be taken on in the first term, unless they also have a
majority in the Rajya Sabha. Further Tharoor said the BJP doesn't have a
two-thirds majority now because almost no other party is going to go along with
its approach. He said "Rather than fighting the battle prematurely, when
they could lose."
No official intimation of FATF decision by Ahsan Iqbal Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan was in a denial mode as the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) decided to place it back on its terrorist financing watch list. Meanwhile the decision is a blow to both Pakistan’s economy and its strained relations with the United States. Previously in the week China, Turkey, and the Gulf Cooperation Council were opposing the US-led move against Pakistan but by Thursday night both China and Saudi Arabia dropped their opposition.
- Donald Trump recited the lyrics of a song 'The Snake' about restricting immigration
- KTR welcomed Biocon's decision to set up R&D center in Hyderabad
- Rajinikanth said 'Kamal is efficient, will win hearts of people'
- No new south Indian film will release from March 1
- Devotional Politics or Films?
- Airtel comes to the rescue of Aircel!
- Will Rahul Gandhi beat Modi in 2019?
- Is Kamal Haasan is in Confusion, to achieve corruption free Tamil nadu?
- Singer Papon in trouble over kissing!!
- Priyanka ends Modi's contract!!
- Backlash against Snapchat major revamp led to a Change.org petition entitled
- Naidu under flak over the nomination of industrialists for Rajya Sabha
- CID & ED registered two FIRs each to probe SEZ unit of Gitanjali Group
- PNB's 10,000 credit or debit card holders affected by a data breach by fugitive luxury jewelers
- Ivanka Trump likely to meet Pyongyang's delegation during its trip