Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump’s immigration framework will end the diversity lottery visa to help reduce green card backlog of high-skilled workers, the White House said on Friday amid growing demands by Indian H-1B visa holders to remove the per country limit on its allotment.
According to sources Indian-Americans, most of whom are highly skilled and come to the US mainly on H-1B work visas is the worst sufferers of the current immigration system which imposes a 7% per country quota on allotment of green cards or permanent legal residency. Meanwhile the White House said Trump favored a merit-based immigration system, which attracts the best and the brightest from across the world.
Further according to Senate Republican Policy
Committee, every year the US on an average allocates some 50,000 green cards
through lottery for people from countries who do not get an opportunity to come
to the US through the merit-based employment visas. As a result, the current
wait period for Indian skilled immigrants for green card can be as long as 70
Pawan Kalyan, on a one day hunger strike in Srikakulam over Uddanam Kidney issue Andhra Pradesh sources stated that Pawan is seen reading 'Srikakulam Naxalite Udhyamam' (Srikakulam Naxalite Movement) that was penned by Syed Mir Mohammed, the retired Additional SP of Srikakulam. Meanwhile the book highlights the Naxalite movement in Srikakulam district that rocked the district between 1969 and 1972.
- Technology giants Google & Facebook hit with privacy complaints
- Will Petrol price decline as Global Crude Oil cost eased?
- Nipah Virus in Hyderabad ruled samples of two patients tested negative at National Institute of Virology Pune
- Ongoing rains have no connection with the cyclones: a meteorologist told TNM
- Survey says Narendra Modi is not worth of another chance to rule India
- Congress-JD(S) combine in Karnataka won Trust Vote easily giving shock to Modi
- HD Kumaraswamy's wife Radhika Belly dance viral in Social Media
- US president Trump government's move to cancel H-4 Visa holders is in last stage
- PM Narendra Modi laid foundation for project worth Rs.27000 Crore in Jharkhand
- US President Donald Trump called off a planned summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un
- Is Niharika ready to marry Prabhas?
- Balakrishna said KCR named KTR after his father
- Mega family ready to campaign for Pawan in 2019 Polls
- Will Vedanta's Copper Smelter be closed permanently?
- Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD