Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump’s immigration framework will end the diversity lottery visa to help reduce green card backlog of high-skilled workers, the White House said on Friday amid growing demands by Indian H-1B visa holders to remove the per country limit on its allotment.
According to sources Indian-Americans, most of whom are highly skilled and come to the US mainly on H-1B work visas is the worst sufferers of the current immigration system which imposes a 7% per country quota on allotment of green cards or permanent legal residency. Meanwhile the White House said Trump favored a merit-based immigration system, which attracts the best and the brightest from across the world.
Further according to Senate Republican Policy
Committee, every year the US on an average allocates some 50,000 green cards
through lottery for people from countries who do not get an opportunity to come
to the US through the merit-based employment visas. As a result, the current
wait period for Indian skilled immigrants for green card can be as long as 70
Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks! The investigation in the Kodanadu estate death case has reached a intense point, as the two main accused Manoj and Sayan were arrested yesterday. The sensational Kodanadu estate case has turned out to be the most talked about issue in Tamilnadu politics with new shocking updates unraveling the mystery.
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post