Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump’s immigration framework will end the diversity lottery visa to help reduce green card backlog of high-skilled workers, the White House said on Friday amid growing demands by Indian H-1B visa holders to remove the per country limit on its allotment.
According to sources Indian-Americans, most of whom are highly skilled and come to the US mainly on H-1B work visas is the worst sufferers of the current immigration system which imposes a 7% per country quota on allotment of green cards or permanent legal residency. Meanwhile the White House said Trump favored a merit-based immigration system, which attracts the best and the brightest from across the world.
Further according to Senate Republican Policy
Committee, every year the US on an average allocates some 50,000 green cards
through lottery for people from countries who do not get an opportunity to come
to the US through the merit-based employment visas. As a result, the current
wait period for Indian skilled immigrants for green card can be as long as 70
KTR welcomed Biocon's decision to set up R&D center in Hyderabad Hyderabad sources have stated that India's leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical company Biocon will soon establish a dedicated research and development (R&D) centre in Hyderabad and will also expand its existing operations. Meanwhile the company Managing Director Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
- Rajinikanth said 'Kamal is efficient, will win hearts of people'
- No new south Indian film will release from March 1
- Devotional Politics or Films?
- Airtel comes to the rescue of Aircel!
- Will Rahul Gandhi beat Modi in 2019?
- Is Kamal Haasan is in Confusion, to achieve corruption free Tamil nadu?
- Singer Papon in trouble over kissing!!
- Priyanka ends Modi's contract!!
- Backlash against Snapchat major revamp led to a Change.org petition entitled
- Naidu under flak over the nomination of industrialists for Rajya Sabha
- CID & ED registered two FIRs each to probe SEZ unit of Gitanjali Group
- PNB's 10,000 credit or debit card holders affected by a data breach by fugitive luxury jewelers
- Ivanka Trump likely to meet Pyongyang's delegation during its trip
- DoT unveiled a strategic plan for bringing together state owned telecom companies
- Rahul Gandhi accused TDP and BJP of cheating AP people in special status