Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump’s immigration framework will end the diversity lottery visa to help reduce green card backlog of high-skilled workers, the White House said on Friday amid growing demands by Indian H-1B visa holders to remove the per country limit on its allotment.
According to sources Indian-Americans, most of whom are highly skilled and come to the US mainly on H-1B work visas is the worst sufferers of the current immigration system which imposes a 7% per country quota on allotment of green cards or permanent legal residency. Meanwhile the White House said Trump favored a merit-based immigration system, which attracts the best and the brightest from across the world.
Further according to Senate Republican Policy
Committee, every year the US on an average allocates some 50,000 green cards
through lottery for people from countries who do not get an opportunity to come
to the US through the merit-based employment visas. As a result, the current
wait period for Indian skilled immigrants for green card can be as long as 70
BJP's Rafale deal explanation, and Congress turn! The social media has been filled with rift between BJP and Congress over the Rafale fighter Jet deal. Both the political parties have released videos explaining the Rafale deal, trying to explain the deal that took place. The first of these videos were released by the BJP party, who had put the video as a response to the statement by Congress president Rahul Gandhi that his party will present the Rafale deal of 2016 to get 36 fighter jets, to display the NDA government as corrupt.
- Former PM Vajpayee Health turns Critical - Modi visits AIIMS immediately
- Facebook makes it more difficult to run Fake or Compromised Accounts
- Amazon slowly but strongly keeping its Leg in Indian market
- Has Rahul Gandhi married Congress Party?
- Ease of living index based on four parameters
- Indian rupee fell to a record low of 70 against US dollar
- Weather forecast for Telangana in next two days
- Why Tamilnadu CM & his Cabinet didn't attend Karunanidhi s burial?
- BMW starts "technical campaign" in Europe to check problems in other market
- Actor Parthiban gives a shocker!
- Heavy rains all over Tamilnadu!
- Stalin cries, expressing his grief!
- High court orders transfer of Thoothukudi shootout cases to CBI!
- Women Freedom Fighters of India who fought against all Evils of Life
- #HappyIndependenceDay - PM Modi's Full Speech on 71 years of Independence