2 Indian press reporters were arrested in Maldives, creating a ruckus, and sending shock waves across the country. These two reporters were working for AFP News Company. The high court of Maldives had made an order on February 1 that Former Maldives president Mohmmad Naseed and 9 others must be released from the prison.
However the current President Abdulla Yameen had refused to follow the court order. Besides, Abdulla Yameen also declared an emergency state with immediate effect starting from Monday, for the next 15 days, in the country. Within just few hours of the emergency declaration, Abdulla Yameen had sent orders as per which former president Abdul Gayoom, High court chief justice Abdul Sayeed and judge Ali Hameed were arrested.
Due to the sudden declaration of the emergency and
the tense political scenario existing in Maldives,the country is facing huge
chaos and confusion. In such a situation, two Indian press reporters of AFP News
Company have been arrested as well, and the condition of them is yet to be
Tehelka Mathews makes another accusation on Jayalalitha's mysterious death! Former Tehelka editor Samuel Mathews had recently released a documentary on Kodanadu murders and thefts, where he had accused the Tamilnadu Chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy of the murders in the estate for acquiring some evidence from the estate, following which a case was filed by the TN govt against him.
- Tamilisai opens up on DMK alliance!
- Priyanka Gandhi enters active politics!
- Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!