New Delhi sources have reported that the government and World Bank on Tuesday signed a USD 100 million (about Rs 6,400 crore) loan agreement to promote rural economy in selected blocks of Tamil Nadu across 26 districts, benefiting over 4 lakh people.
Meanwhile the finance ministry said in a statement that the funding aimed at promoting rural enterprises, facilitate their access to finance, and create employment opportunities for youth particularly women. Further the Tamilnadu Rural Transformation Project will create an enabling environment for producer organizations and enterprises to promote businesses across select value chains.
According to report "Based
on the analysis, communities will identify commodities and sub-sectors in the
value chain for preparing business plans. 30% of the financing for
these business plans will be through a matching grant program from the project
and the remaining 70% will be leveraged from other financial institutions”.
Moreover it will also specifically support eligible households from socially
and culturally disadvantaged groups harness their existing assets, skills, and
Pawan Kalyan, on a one day hunger strike in Srikakulam over Uddanam Kidney issue Andhra Pradesh sources stated that Pawan is seen reading 'Srikakulam Naxalite Udhyamam' (Srikakulam Naxalite Movement) that was penned by Syed Mir Mohammed, the retired Additional SP of Srikakulam. Meanwhile the book highlights the Naxalite movement in Srikakulam district that rocked the district between 1969 and 1972.
- Technology giants Google & Facebook hit with privacy complaints
- Will Petrol price decline as Global Crude Oil cost eased?
- Nipah Virus in Hyderabad ruled samples of two patients tested negative at National Institute of Virology Pune
- Ongoing rains have no connection with the cyclones: a meteorologist told TNM
- Survey says Narendra Modi is not worth of another chance to rule India
- Congress-JD(S) combine in Karnataka won Trust Vote easily giving shock to Modi
- HD Kumaraswamy's wife Radhika Belly dance viral in Social Media
- US president Trump government's move to cancel H-4 Visa holders is in last stage
- PM Narendra Modi laid foundation for project worth Rs.27000 Crore in Jharkhand
- US President Donald Trump called off a planned summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un
- Is Niharika ready to marry Prabhas?
- Balakrishna said KCR named KTR after his father
- Mega family ready to campaign for Pawan in 2019 Polls
- Will Vedanta's Copper Smelter be closed permanently?
- Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD