New Delhi sources have reported that the government and World Bank on Tuesday signed a USD 100 million (about Rs 6,400 crore) loan agreement to promote rural economy in selected blocks of Tamil Nadu across 26 districts, benefiting over 4 lakh people.
Meanwhile the finance ministry said in a statement that the funding aimed at promoting rural enterprises, facilitate their access to finance, and create employment opportunities for youth particularly women. Further the Tamilnadu Rural Transformation Project will create an enabling environment for producer organizations and enterprises to promote businesses across select value chains.
According to report "Based
on the analysis, communities will identify commodities and sub-sectors in the
value chain for preparing business plans. 30% of the financing for
these business plans will be through a matching grant program from the project
and the remaining 70% will be leveraged from other financial institutions”.
Moreover it will also specifically support eligible households from socially
and culturally disadvantaged groups harness their existing assets, skills, and
Tehelka Mathews makes another accusation on Jayalalitha's mysterious death! Former Tehelka editor Samuel Mathews had recently released a documentary on Kodanadu murders and thefts, where he had accused the Tamilnadu Chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy of the murders in the estate for acquiring some evidence from the estate, following which a case was filed by the TN govt against him.
- Tamilisai opens up on DMK alliance!
- Priyanka Gandhi enters active politics!
- Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!