New Delhi sources have reported that the government and World Bank on Tuesday signed a USD 100 million (about Rs 6,400 crore) loan agreement to promote rural economy in selected blocks of Tamil Nadu across 26 districts, benefiting over 4 lakh people.
Meanwhile the finance ministry said in a statement that the funding aimed at promoting rural enterprises, facilitate their access to finance, and create employment opportunities for youth particularly women. Further the Tamilnadu Rural Transformation Project will create an enabling environment for producer organizations and enterprises to promote businesses across select value chains.
According to report "Based
on the analysis, communities will identify commodities and sub-sectors in the
value chain for preparing business plans. 30% of the financing for
these business plans will be through a matching grant program from the project
and the remaining 70% will be leveraged from other financial institutions”.
Moreover it will also specifically support eligible households from socially
and culturally disadvantaged groups harness their existing assets, skills, and
KTR welcomed Biocon's decision to set up R&D center in Hyderabad Hyderabad sources have stated that India's leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical company Biocon will soon establish a dedicated research and development (R&D) centre in Hyderabad and will also expand its existing operations. Meanwhile the company Managing Director Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
- Rajinikanth said 'Kamal is efficient, will win hearts of people'
- No new south Indian film will release from March 1
- Devotional Politics or Films?
- Airtel comes to the rescue of Aircel!
- Will Rahul Gandhi beat Modi in 2019?
- Is Kamal Haasan is in Confusion, to achieve corruption free Tamil nadu?
- Singer Papon in trouble over kissing!!
- Priyanka ends Modi's contract!!
- Backlash against Snapchat major revamp led to a Change.org petition entitled
- Naidu under flak over the nomination of industrialists for Rajya Sabha
- CID & ED registered two FIRs each to probe SEZ unit of Gitanjali Group
- PNB's 10,000 credit or debit card holders affected by a data breach by fugitive luxury jewelers
- Ivanka Trump likely to meet Pyongyang's delegation during its trip
- DoT unveiled a strategic plan for bringing together state owned telecom companies
- Rahul Gandhi accused TDP and BJP of cheating AP people in special status