Chennai sources have reported that the late CM Jayalalitha's portrait will be unveiled in the State Assembly on Monday by Speaker P. Dhanapal. Accordingly the Chief Minister K. Palaniswami will preside over the function in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam. Further it may be recalled that Palaniswami had met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi last May and submitted a letter urging him to unveil Jayalalitha's portrait in the Assembly.
Presently it appears that the PM has chosen to ignore the request even as his itinerary includes a trip to Puducherry close by for participating in the Auroville golden jubilee on February 24. He said "Amma had dedicated her life for the Tamils and left an indelible mark on the Indian political landscape. He sought Modi's "convenience to grace the occasion on any day during the month of July, 2017 as the chief guest of the function to be held in the Assembly Chamber and to unveil the portrait".
Further by stating that there was nothing wrong in paying respect to
Jayalalitha, who was fully committed to people's welfare, he had
said that 'Amma' was elected Chief Minister six times and regarded as a
role model by Chief Ministers from other States.
Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance Hyderabad sources stated that Star campaigner for the Telangana Congress, Vijayashanti reacted to Home Minister Nayani Narasimha Reddy's statement that there is no place for Maoists in the State of Telangana. The former actress said that revolution is a result of repression and that people haven't forgotten the gruesome deaths of Warangal Maoists Sruthi and Sagar. Vijayashanti said that the Telangana
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm
- Prince Harry with Meghan having great time in Sydney Beach
- Know about Dussehra & Diwali Bank Holidays
- Bumrah responds to criticism
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana