Chennai sources have reported that the late CM Jayalalitha's portrait will be unveiled in the State Assembly on Monday by Speaker P. Dhanapal. Accordingly the Chief Minister K. Palaniswami will preside over the function in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam. Further it may be recalled that Palaniswami had met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi last May and submitted a letter urging him to unveil Jayalalitha's portrait in the Assembly.
Presently it appears that the PM has chosen to ignore the request even as his itinerary includes a trip to Puducherry close by for participating in the Auroville golden jubilee on February 24. He said "Amma had dedicated her life for the Tamils and left an indelible mark on the Indian political landscape. He sought Modi's "convenience to grace the occasion on any day during the month of July, 2017 as the chief guest of the function to be held in the Assembly Chamber and to unveil the portrait".
Further by stating that there was nothing wrong in paying respect to
Jayalalitha, who was fully committed to people's welfare, he had
said that 'Amma' was elected Chief Minister six times and regarded as a
role model by Chief Ministers from other States.
Actor Kamal Hassan unveils his party flag, name and will hoist the party flag today Chennai sources have reported that Tamilnadu waits with baited breath the launch of a new party led by actor turned politician Kamal Hassan on Wednesday. Meanwhile as per the itinerary released, the actor will unveil his party flag, announce the party name and will hoist the party flag in Madurai. Previously the superstar, who is all set to launch his political innings, expressed confidence that he would succeed with his Dravidian brand of politics.
- Saudi Arabian government comes to the help of women!
- Sidharamaiah's direct attack on Modi!!
- Arumbakkam Chain snatcher nabbed by cops!!
- Getting the View Button in Google Image Search - Here's what you need to do!
- Apple released updates for watchOS, tvOS, and macOS to stop the crash
- Did Schools showed PM Modi's speech to students preparing for exams?
- Nirav Modi pens to PNB for spoiling his brand
- Investors & big industrialists only proved UP is not poor
- Human like robot favorite actor is SRK
- Bangkok court awarded paternity rights to a Japanese man for his work
- Is Trump eldest son visiting India to help sell luxury apartments?
- KFC shuts some restaurants in UK
- A Sweet and Sour achievement by Indian!!
- Minister's speech on Kannada draws ire!!
- 15 IAS Officers transferred!!