According to sources Congress President Rahul Gandhi had hit out at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) saying the previous BJP government in the southern state "broke graft records" with numerous scams. Gandhi said "While Prime Minister Narendra Modi talks about corruption, he forgets that it was the BJP government led by BS Yeddyurappa that broke records in corruption with land scam, mining scam etc".
Earlier Yeddyurappa, the BJP state unit's president, was the Chief Minister of the state from 2008 to 2011, when he was forced to step down from the post over his alleged involvement in a land scam. Presently Gandhi is on a four-day visit to the poll-bound state, where legislative assembly elections are due in April-May. Moreover this was his first visit to the state after he took over as the party chief in December.
According to sources Gandhi also met the beneficiaries of Article 371-J
under which people from the old Hyderabad-Karnataka region are given employment
and seats for education on preference and priority. He recalled "Sonia
Gandhi made sure the Hyderabad-Karnataka region got its special status and kept
the promise, at a time when the BJP said it was not possible".
Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks! The investigation in the Kodanadu estate death case has reached a intense point, as the two main accused Manoj and Sayan were arrested yesterday. The sensational Kodanadu estate case has turned out to be the most talked about issue in Tamilnadu politics with new shocking updates unraveling the mystery.
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post