According to reports the supply of gas cylinders across south India could soon be hit, as the Southern Regional Bulk LPG Transport Owners’ Association (SRBLTOA) will go on an indefinite strike from Monday, to protest the change in tender rules for hiring LPG tankers. Presently the association wants the region wise tender for hiring tankers to continue.
Meanwhile the region wise tenders have remained unchanged for three decades now. However, last year, the centre switched to State level tenders for hiring tankers for the next 5 years. Moreover the LPG tanker owners’ association comprises of owners from Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Puducherry.
Furthermore under the new norms, a tanker registered in one state can only
participate in the tenders in that state, and cannot operate in other states.
Accordingly preference would be given to 21 tone capacity tankers. This
reportedly constitutes only 20% of the 7500 tankers in Chennai. The others are
all 18 tone capacity and hence the strike is to get the Centre to take
decisions by considering the interest of all stakeholders.
MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges Chennai sources stated that Opposition DMK staged state wide protests against the "corrupt" AIADMK government in Tamilnadu, with party chief MK Stalin leading the charge in Salem. Meanwhile besides Stalin, his son Udhayanidhi, sister Kanimozhi and senior DMK leaders including Durai Murugan and Dayanidhi Maran participated in demonstrations held across the state.
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG