According to reports the supply of gas cylinders across south India could soon be hit, as the Southern Regional Bulk LPG Transport Owners’ Association (SRBLTOA) will go on an indefinite strike from Monday, to protest the change in tender rules for hiring LPG tankers. Presently the association wants the region wise tender for hiring tankers to continue.
Meanwhile the region wise tenders have remained unchanged for three decades now. However, last year, the centre switched to State level tenders for hiring tankers for the next 5 years. Moreover the LPG tanker owners’ association comprises of owners from Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Puducherry.
Furthermore under the new norms, a tanker registered in one state can only
participate in the tenders in that state, and cannot operate in other states.
Accordingly preference would be given to 21 tone capacity tankers. This
reportedly constitutes only 20% of the 7500 tankers in Chennai. The others are
all 18 tone capacity and hence the strike is to get the Centre to take
decisions by considering the interest of all stakeholders.
Mohammed Bagheri said Iran will 'never bow the demands of the US' According to sources the Chief of General Staff for the Iranian Armed Forces, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Bagheri, addressed a conference of military leaders from more than 35 countries yesterday as he made the stern remarks. Meanwhile in a pointed message aimed at the US he claimed Washington was too involved in the affairs of the Middle East.
- Kanna Lakshminarayana move may shock his fans
- Will Congress capture Karnataka by winning 130 seats?
- 15 persons died of sunstroke in Adilabad, Karimnagar districts
- Husband rapes wife with friends just after 3 days of marriage!
- Powerstar gets powerful notices!
- Actress sexually harassed while driving Activa scooter!
- Petrol, Diesel price rise and the effect of taxes - All you need to know!
- Pawan Twitter war turned into caste war between Kammas and Kapus
- TCS crossed $100-billion mark in terms of market capitalization
- Has Pawan surrendered to BJP?
- Can anyone weaken the Bond between BJP & AIADMK?
- Save the Constitution campaign catapulted by Congress President
- Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP