According to reports the supply of gas cylinders across south India could soon be hit, as the Southern Regional Bulk LPG Transport Owners’ Association (SRBLTOA) will go on an indefinite strike from Monday, to protest the change in tender rules for hiring LPG tankers. Presently the association wants the region wise tender for hiring tankers to continue.
Meanwhile the region wise tenders have remained unchanged for three decades now. However, last year, the centre switched to State level tenders for hiring tankers for the next 5 years. Moreover the LPG tanker owners’ association comprises of owners from Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Puducherry.
Furthermore under the new norms, a tanker registered in one state can only
participate in the tenders in that state, and cannot operate in other states.
Accordingly preference would be given to 21 tone capacity tankers. This
reportedly constitutes only 20% of the 7500 tankers in Chennai. The others are
all 18 tone capacity and hence the strike is to get the Centre to take
decisions by considering the interest of all stakeholders.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes