According to sources the ice Shiva Linga of Amarnath finds mention in the Mahabharata, Puranas and also Kalhana’s Rajatarangini. Many other ancient texts refer to the Shiva Linga in the Amarnath cave. Meanwhile the holy Amarnath cave is covered under snow for most of the year. It begins to shrink in summer months, as snow in the higher regions of the mountains begins to melt, which is the time thousands of devotees make this difficult pilgrimage.
Hindu belief has it that the waxing and waning is directly related to phases of the moon. Meanwhile in earlier times, devotees would hike through this Himalayan region under trying circumstances. Even now lakh of devotees visit the holy Amarnath cave reaching Pahalgam and then making the arduous journey to the shrine of Bholenath.
Accordingly the Shravani mela in the holy month of Shravana and especially
the full moon day of Shravana Pournami attracts a large number of devotees,
tong and old, who throng the sacred site in the face of difficult weather
conditions and harsh natural terrain.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes