Within an hour of the unveiling of the portrait of the former chief minister of Tamilnadu Jayalalitha by speaker P.Dhanapal, the DMK party moved to Madras High court to remove the portrait as she's a prime accused in corruption cases. DMK's advocate Wilson made an urgent plea before the bench headed by chief justice Indira Banerjee and Justice Abdul Quddhose to take up the case.
But the court moved this plea to Tuesday as it had to look into the plea moved by Karti Chidambaram. The petitioner argued that though the charges against Jayalalitha were abated following her death, the Karnataka special court had convicted her, and 4 others convicted were in prison as well. In fact, DMK had already filed petitions to remove the statues or portraits of the corruption charged Jayalalitha in government buildings, offices and public places, amidst which the speaker unveiled the portrait today in the presence of CM and deputy CM.
The petitioner argued that it was
unethical and immoral to have the portrait of an accused, at a place which is
meant to house portraits people who are inspirational for politicians and
people in social life, and requested the court to immediately ask the speaker
to proceed with the removal of the portrait of the tainted late CM from the
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes