Within an hour of the unveiling of the portrait of the former chief minister of Tamilnadu Jayalalitha by speaker P.Dhanapal, the DMK party moved to Madras High court to remove the portrait as she's a prime accused in corruption cases. DMK's advocate Wilson made an urgent plea before the bench headed by chief justice Indira Banerjee and Justice Abdul Quddhose to take up the case.
But the court moved this plea to Tuesday as it had to look into the plea moved by Karti Chidambaram. The petitioner argued that though the charges against Jayalalitha were abated following her death, the Karnataka special court had convicted her, and 4 others convicted were in prison as well. In fact, DMK had already filed petitions to remove the statues or portraits of the corruption charged Jayalalitha in government buildings, offices and public places, amidst which the speaker unveiled the portrait today in the presence of CM and deputy CM.
The petitioner argued that it was
unethical and immoral to have the portrait of an accused, at a place which is
meant to house portraits people who are inspirational for politicians and
people in social life, and requested the court to immediately ask the speaker
to proceed with the removal of the portrait of the tainted late CM from the
MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges Chennai sources stated that Opposition DMK staged state wide protests against the "corrupt" AIADMK government in Tamilnadu, with party chief MK Stalin leading the charge in Salem. Meanwhile besides Stalin, his son Udhayanidhi, sister Kanimozhi and senior DMK leaders including Durai Murugan and Dayanidhi Maran participated in demonstrations held across the state.
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG