Within an hour of the unveiling of the portrait of the former chief minister of Tamilnadu Jayalalitha by speaker P.Dhanapal, the DMK party moved to Madras High court to remove the portrait as she's a prime accused in corruption cases. DMK's advocate Wilson made an urgent plea before the bench headed by chief justice Indira Banerjee and Justice Abdul Quddhose to take up the case.
But the court moved this plea to Tuesday as it had to look into the plea moved by Karti Chidambaram. The petitioner argued that though the charges against Jayalalitha were abated following her death, the Karnataka special court had convicted her, and 4 others convicted were in prison as well. In fact, DMK had already filed petitions to remove the statues or portraits of the corruption charged Jayalalitha in government buildings, offices and public places, amidst which the speaker unveiled the portrait today in the presence of CM and deputy CM.
The petitioner argued that it was
unethical and immoral to have the portrait of an accused, at a place which is
meant to house portraits people who are inspirational for politicians and
people in social life, and requested the court to immediately ask the speaker
to proceed with the removal of the portrait of the tainted late CM from the
What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work? Tomorrow, the discussion and the decision on the no-confidence motion passed against the central government will be happening in the parliament. At this juncture, it is essential to know what exactly is a no-confidence Motion and how it works.
- OMG... Is Dhoni retiring from ODI's and T20's ??
- TDP MP to Skip No-Trust Vote Tomorrow as he feels Modi Govt will not fall
- UP Cricket Team Selection is based on Prostitutes, Sex, and Money - Rajiv Shukla in Trouble?
- War between Yadav & Azhar continues
- VHP & Bajrang Dal commenced Road blockade Today
- Why Tamil TV Serial Starlet Priyanka committed suicide?
- JC DIVAKAR REDDYS UNRULY DECISION MAY TAMPER TDPCHANCES
- Is Modi Government ready to face first No Trust Motion be held tomorrow?
- Rahul looks like his mother who is a foreigner, he can never be PM: Jai Prakash Singh
- Kerala Govt prepares list of calamities incurred by each individual
- South Western Railway catapulted Captain Service in Bengaluru-New Delhi Karnataka Express train
- Congress & BJP "pandering" to majority community vote: Owaisi
- High Court plans a CBI inquiry on Deputy CM of TN?
- Trump's new checkmate!
- 17 abusers thrashed in Court!