Within an hour of the unveiling of the portrait of the former chief minister of Tamilnadu Jayalalitha by speaker P.Dhanapal, the DMK party moved to Madras High court to remove the portrait as she's a prime accused in corruption cases. DMK's advocate Wilson made an urgent plea before the bench headed by chief justice Indira Banerjee and Justice Abdul Quddhose to take up the case.
But the court moved this plea to Tuesday as it had to look into the plea moved by Karti Chidambaram. The petitioner argued that though the charges against Jayalalitha were abated following her death, the Karnataka special court had convicted her, and 4 others convicted were in prison as well. In fact, DMK had already filed petitions to remove the statues or portraits of the corruption charged Jayalalitha in government buildings, offices and public places, amidst which the speaker unveiled the portrait today in the presence of CM and deputy CM.
The petitioner argued that it was
unethical and immoral to have the portrait of an accused, at a place which is
meant to house portraits people who are inspirational for politicians and
people in social life, and requested the court to immediately ask the speaker
to proceed with the removal of the portrait of the tainted late CM from the
Mohammed Bagheri said Iran will 'never bow the demands of the US' According to sources the Chief of General Staff for the Iranian Armed Forces, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Bagheri, addressed a conference of military leaders from more than 35 countries yesterday as he made the stern remarks. Meanwhile in a pointed message aimed at the US he claimed Washington was too involved in the affairs of the Middle East.
- Kanna Lakshminarayana move may shock his fans
- Will Congress capture Karnataka by winning 130 seats?
- 15 persons died of sunstroke in Adilabad, Karimnagar districts
- Husband rapes wife with friends just after 3 days of marriage!
- Powerstar gets powerful notices!
- Actress sexually harassed while driving Activa scooter!
- Petrol, Diesel price rise and the effect of taxes - All you need to know!
- Pawan Twitter war turned into caste war between Kammas and Kapus
- TCS crossed $100-billion mark in terms of market capitalization
- Has Pawan surrendered to BJP?
- Can anyone weaken the Bond between BJP & AIADMK?
- Save the Constitution campaign catapulted by Congress President
- Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP