According to sources the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) has rejected the appeal which was made by Flipkart against an earlier decision by the department to impose a penalty of $17 million (Rs 110 crore). Meanwhile the tax assessing authority has not accepted the practice of treating discounts and marketing spends as revenue expenditure and to show losses in the operations.
Accordingly the department wants these expenses to be reclassified as capital expenditure and amortized over a few years. Meanwhile the plea by the online retailer to stay the operation of the demand due to its financial situation also did not find favor with the IT authorities since they felt such financial hardship, in their opinion, does not exist.
Presently Flipkart has found a supporter in former CEO of Infosys, Mohandas Pai who feels the concept of treating the discounts and marketing outgo as part of the operating costs should be permitted for online retailers. It may be for the government to come out with a notification in this regard.
Actor Kamal Hassan unveils his party flag, name and will hoist the party flag today Chennai sources have reported that Tamilnadu waits with baited breath the launch of a new party led by actor turned politician Kamal Hassan on Wednesday. Meanwhile as per the itinerary released, the actor will unveil his party flag, announce the party name and will hoist the party flag in Madurai. Previously the superstar, who is all set to launch his political innings, expressed confidence that he would succeed with his Dravidian brand of politics.
- Saudi Arabian government comes to the help of women!
- Sidharamaiah's direct attack on Modi!!
- Arumbakkam Chain snatcher nabbed by cops!!
- Getting the View Button in Google Image Search - Here's what you need to do!
- Apple released updates for watchOS, tvOS, and macOS to stop the crash
- Did Schools showed PM Modi's speech to students preparing for exams?
- Nirav Modi pens to PNB for spoiling his brand
- Investors & big industrialists only proved UP is not poor
- Human like robot favorite actor is SRK
- Bangkok court awarded paternity rights to a Japanese man for his work
- Is Trump eldest son visiting India to help sell luxury apartments?
- KFC shuts some restaurants in UK
- A Sweet and Sour achievement by Indian!!
- Minister's speech on Kannada draws ire!!
- 15 IAS Officers transferred!!