According to sources the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) has rejected the appeal which was made by Flipkart against an earlier decision by the department to impose a penalty of $17 million (Rs 110 crore). Meanwhile the tax assessing authority has not accepted the practice of treating discounts and marketing spends as revenue expenditure and to show losses in the operations.
Accordingly the department wants these expenses to be reclassified as capital expenditure and amortized over a few years. Meanwhile the plea by the online retailer to stay the operation of the demand due to its financial situation also did not find favor with the IT authorities since they felt such financial hardship, in their opinion, does not exist.
Presently Flipkart has found a supporter in former CEO of Infosys, Mohandas Pai who feels the concept of treating the discounts and marketing outgo as part of the operating costs should be permitted for online retailers. It may be for the government to come out with a notification in this regard.
Why Posani Raja joined YS Jagans Padayatra? According to report from Andhra actor and ex PRP leader Posani Krishna Murali has met YS Jagan Mohan Reddy during his Padayatra in Undi of West Godavari district. Posani's meeting with Jagan has shocked many since the actor had been stating that he would stay away from politics.
- Pawan Kalyan, on a one day hunger strike in Srikakulam over Uddanam Kidney issue
- Technology giants Google & Facebook hit with privacy complaints
- Will Petrol price decline as Global Crude Oil cost eased?
- Nipah Virus in Hyderabad ruled samples of two patients tested negative at National Institute of Virology Pune
- Ongoing rains have no connection with the cyclones: a meteorologist told TNM
- Survey says Narendra Modi is not worth of another chance to rule India
- Congress-JD(S) combine in Karnataka won Trust Vote easily giving shock to Modi
- HD Kumaraswamy's wife Radhika Belly dance viral in Social Media
- US president Trump government's move to cancel H-4 Visa holders is in last stage
- PM Narendra Modi laid foundation for project worth Rs.27000 Crore in Jharkhand
- US President Donald Trump called off a planned summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un
- Is Niharika ready to marry Prabhas?
- Balakrishna said KCR named KTR after his father
- Mega family ready to campaign for Pawan in 2019 Polls
- Will Vedanta's Copper Smelter be closed permanently?