London sources stated that embattled liquor tycoon Vijay Mallya has lost another legal battle linked to his now defunct Kingfisher Airlines after the UK High Court awarded an estimated USD 90 million in claims. Meanwhile the latest case involving the businessman, whose extradition case over alleged loan, defaults amounting to around Rs 9,000 crores returns to Westminster Magistrates' Court in London on March 16, is related to the leasing of aircraft by Kingfisher Airlines dating back to 2014.
Meanwhile Justice Picken, in a judgment dated February 5 ruled that "the defendants have no real prospect of successfully defending the claim". Further the defendants in the claim brought by BOC Aviation in Singapore and BOC Aviation (Ireland) Ltd have been named as Kingfisher Airlines Ltd and United Breweries (Holdings) Ltd.
Accordingly the latest ruling comes weeks before India's extradition case
against Mallya is set to come up for one of its final hearings before Chief
Magistrate Emma Arbuthnot on March 16, with a judgment expected in May.
Moreover the businessman remains on a 650,000-pound bail bond, extended until
April 2 at the last hearing in the extradition case in January.
Mohammed Bagheri said Iran will 'never bow the demands of the US' According to sources the Chief of General Staff for the Iranian Armed Forces, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Bagheri, addressed a conference of military leaders from more than 35 countries yesterday as he made the stern remarks. Meanwhile in a pointed message aimed at the US he claimed Washington was too involved in the affairs of the Middle East.
- Kanna Lakshminarayana move may shock his fans
- Will Congress capture Karnataka by winning 130 seats?
- 15 persons died of sunstroke in Adilabad, Karimnagar districts
- Husband rapes wife with friends just after 3 days of marriage!
- Powerstar gets powerful notices!
- Actress sexually harassed while driving Activa scooter!
- Petrol, Diesel price rise and the effect of taxes - All you need to know!
- Pawan Twitter war turned into caste war between Kammas and Kapus
- TCS crossed $100-billion mark in terms of market capitalization
- Has Pawan surrendered to BJP?
- Can anyone weaken the Bond between BJP & AIADMK?
- Save the Constitution campaign catapulted by Congress President
- Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP