London sources stated that embattled liquor tycoon Vijay Mallya has lost another legal battle linked to his now defunct Kingfisher Airlines after the UK High Court awarded an estimated USD 90 million in claims. Meanwhile the latest case involving the businessman, whose extradition case over alleged loan, defaults amounting to around Rs 9,000 crores returns to Westminster Magistrates' Court in London on March 16, is related to the leasing of aircraft by Kingfisher Airlines dating back to 2014.
Meanwhile Justice Picken, in a judgment dated February 5 ruled that "the defendants have no real prospect of successfully defending the claim". Further the defendants in the claim brought by BOC Aviation in Singapore and BOC Aviation (Ireland) Ltd have been named as Kingfisher Airlines Ltd and United Breweries (Holdings) Ltd.
Accordingly the latest ruling comes weeks before India's extradition case
against Mallya is set to come up for one of its final hearings before Chief
Magistrate Emma Arbuthnot on March 16, with a judgment expected in May.
Moreover the businessman remains on a 650,000-pound bail bond, extended until
April 2 at the last hearing in the extradition case in January.
This Photo of Prince Louis and Mother Kate is going 'VIRAL' Well, Prince Louis is taking the Internet by storm even before his tooth comes out. A Photo of Prince Louis along with his mother Kate Middleton is taking the Internet by storm. The photo was clicked by Matt Porteous and it was released on the Social media by the Kensington Palace.
- 11-Year-Old Girl was Sexually Harassed by 15 men for 7 months in various places
- Parliament Session begins Tomorrow - Controversial Bills to be Passed?
- Pawan Failed to STOP: Renu Desai REVEALS !!
- Why Croatia Coach reacted badly after France won FIFA 2018?
- TN CM conveyed to Centre to admit students to AYUSH courses based on NEET
- Apple definitely worried in market that sells 3.2 million handsets in a year
- How mishap happened during PMs Rally at WB
- Excitement continues for France after winning FIFA World Cup 2018
- Heavy rains lashed Kerala, reliable camps functioning
- Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi warned SVMCH College to a fee dispute
- Former Indian Cricket Captain Mohammed Azharuddin ready to fight 2019 Polls
- Controversy after ADMK MLA condoles Rowdy death!
- Trump and his discussion with Putin!
- Why so many IT Raids in Tamil Nadu?
- Gopu and Babu join BJP!