London sources stated that embattled liquor tycoon Vijay Mallya has lost another legal battle linked to his now defunct Kingfisher Airlines after the UK High Court awarded an estimated USD 90 million in claims. Meanwhile the latest case involving the businessman, whose extradition case over alleged loan, defaults amounting to around Rs 9,000 crores returns to Westminster Magistrates' Court in London on March 16, is related to the leasing of aircraft by Kingfisher Airlines dating back to 2014.
Meanwhile Justice Picken, in a judgment dated February 5 ruled that "the defendants have no real prospect of successfully defending the claim". Further the defendants in the claim brought by BOC Aviation in Singapore and BOC Aviation (Ireland) Ltd have been named as Kingfisher Airlines Ltd and United Breweries (Holdings) Ltd.
Accordingly the latest ruling comes weeks before India's extradition case
against Mallya is set to come up for one of its final hearings before Chief
Magistrate Emma Arbuthnot on March 16, with a judgment expected in May.
Moreover the businessman remains on a 650,000-pound bail bond, extended until
April 2 at the last hearing in the extradition case in January.
Rajinikanth targeted Centre on the Mekedatu issue Chennai sources stated that the State government should take appropriate legal action over the Mekedatu issue, to safeguard its rights, if the Centre’s claim that Tamilnadu will not be affected by the dam project is proved false. Accordingly actor Rajinikanth has said “The Centre has claimed that the Mekedatu project will not affect Tamilnadu and if it proves otherwise then legal action should be taken. This is the only option".
- Will Rahul Gandhi apologize PM in Rafael Deal issue?
- Top mentioned Telangana Candidates in Twitter
- Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding