New Delhi sources have stated that according to a survey by Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu has emerged as the wealthiest chief minister with declared assets worth over Rs 177 crore. As per the ADR report, released it was stated that in India, around 35% chief ministers have criminal cases against them and 81% of the total are crorepatis.
Meanwhile the ADR and National Election Watch (NEW) have analyzed the self-sworn affidavits of current Chief Ministers (CMs) in state assemblies and union territories across the nation. These were the latest affidavits filed by them prior to contesting the elections.
The Association for Democratic Reforms stated that "Out of the all
31 Chief Ministers analyzed from state assemblies and Union territories, 11
(35%) chief ministers have declared criminal cases against themselves".
Further, 26% CMs have declared serious criminal cases, including related to
murder, attempt to murder, cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of
property, criminal intimidation, among others. Interestingly, as many as 25
CMs, or 81%, are crorepatis, with two of them having assets to the tune of over
Rs 100 crore and the average assets of CMs are worth Rs 16.18 crore.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes