New Delhi sources have stated that Citi India on Tuesday banned use of its debit and credit cards for purchase of bitcoins and other crypto currencies following concerns expressed by the Reserve Bank over virtual currencies. Meanwhile Citi India in a message to its customers said it has banned usage of its debit and credit cards for purchase or trading of virtual currencies.
Previously in his Budget Speech, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had said the government does not consider crypto currencies legal tender or coin and will take all measures to eliminate use of these crypto-assets in financing illegitimate activities or as part of the payment system.
According to the decision, the bank said, comes following concerns, both
globally and locally including from the RBI, cautioning the public regarding
the potential economic, financial, operational, legal, customer protection and
security related risks associated in dealing with bitcoins, crypto currencies
and virtual currencies. Furthermore Virtual currencies are stored in
digital/electronic format, making them vulnerable to hacking, loss of password
and malware attack which may also result in permanent loss of money.
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!