According to sources International Women's Day is also referred to as the UN Day for Women's Rights and International Peace. The primary intent behind marking the day is to celebrate achievements of women till date. Moreover the history of first women's empowerment dates back to 1908 in NYC when women numbering 15000 marched demanding the right to vote and better pay and work hours.
Meanwhile the first women' day was announced in 1909 by the Socialist Party of America. But the proposal to mark it as International Women's Day was made by Clara Zetkin the following year at Copenhagen in an International Conference of Working Women which got unanimous nod from the participants and delegates.
Further over 100
countries now celebrate International Women's Day. In fact countries like Afghanistan,
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, China (for women only),
Cuba, Georgia, Guinea-Bissau, Eritrea, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Madagascar
(for women only), Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Nepal also mark International
Women's Day as an official holiday for women.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites