The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has confirmed that the opening ceremony of the 2018 edition of Indian Premier League will be held on April 7, at Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium. It must be noted that the IPL grand inauguration ceremony was planned on April 6, and was also planned to be held in the Cricket Club of India.
This change in location was done, following an instruction from the Administrative committee formed by the Supreme Court. The committee, lead by Vinod Rai has also reduced the budget by a massive 20 crores. The CoA has reduced the budget from 50 crores to 30 crores, as reported by the BCCI. The first match of the premier tournament will be held between Mumbai Indians, the defending champions, and two time champs Chennai Super Kings which is making a comeback to the tournament along with Rajasthan Royals, both the franchises being banned from playing for 2 years, on charges of spot fixing.
The 11th edition of
the popular tournament will take place for 51 days, across 9 venues, and the
second match will have Delhi Daredevils battling out Kings XI Punjab at Delhi.
The highly anticipated final between Qualifier 1 and Qualifier 2 will be played
on May 27 at the Wankhede Stadium.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna