The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has confirmed that the opening ceremony of the 2018 edition of Indian Premier League will be held on April 7, at Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium. It must be noted that the IPL grand inauguration ceremony was planned on April 6, and was also planned to be held in the Cricket Club of India.
This change in location was done, following an instruction from the Administrative committee formed by the Supreme Court. The committee, lead by Vinod Rai has also reduced the budget by a massive 20 crores. The CoA has reduced the budget from 50 crores to 30 crores, as reported by the BCCI. The first match of the premier tournament will be held between Mumbai Indians, the defending champions, and two time champs Chennai Super Kings which is making a comeback to the tournament along with Rajasthan Royals, both the franchises being banned from playing for 2 years, on charges of spot fixing.
The 11th edition of
the popular tournament will take place for 51 days, across 9 venues, and the
second match will have Delhi Daredevils battling out Kings XI Punjab at Delhi.
The highly anticipated final between Qualifier 1 and Qualifier 2 will be played
on May 27 at the Wankhede Stadium.
Transfer of a Govt school teacher is revoked Thiruvallur sources reported that video of school students from Government High School in Velliagaram in the Tiruvallur district of Tamilnadu went viral last week. Meanwhile the reason being pictures of students from the school crying and pleading their English teacher to not leave had gone viral. Accordingly the videos and pictures also caught the attention of celebrities like Hrithik Roshan and AR Rahman who retweeted media reports.
- RSS & BJP believe in totalitarianism: Owaisi
- A New Century luxury Sedan Car from Toyota
- PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- Train Bulldozes into a Crowd during Dussehra Festival in Amristar
- Donald Trump calls Congressman Gianforte an incredible Montana leader
- Nara Brahmani donated for Cyclone Titli affected areas
- Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm
- Prince Harry with Meghan having great time in Sydney Beach
- Know about Dussehra & Diwali Bank Holidays
- Bumrah responds to criticism
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018