The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has confirmed that the opening ceremony of the 2018 edition of Indian Premier League will be held on April 7, at Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium. It must be noted that the IPL grand inauguration ceremony was planned on April 6, and was also planned to be held in the Cricket Club of India.
This change in location was done, following an instruction from the Administrative committee formed by the Supreme Court. The committee, lead by Vinod Rai has also reduced the budget by a massive 20 crores. The CoA has reduced the budget from 50 crores to 30 crores, as reported by the BCCI. The first match of the premier tournament will be held between Mumbai Indians, the defending champions, and two time champs Chennai Super Kings which is making a comeback to the tournament along with Rajasthan Royals, both the franchises being banned from playing for 2 years, on charges of spot fixing.
The 11th edition of
the popular tournament will take place for 51 days, across 9 venues, and the
second match will have Delhi Daredevils battling out Kings XI Punjab at Delhi.
The highly anticipated final between Qualifier 1 and Qualifier 2 will be played
on May 27 at the Wankhede Stadium.
Southern states join hands against Modi!! Despite heavy troubles given to people with demonetization, to the traders and businessmen with the implementation of GST, and the constant failures and non implementation of promised and proposed government schemes leading to a drastic economic downfall, the Modi lead government has been in the rule yet. However, the situation has now deteriorated further. The Modi lead BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, winning by a majority of 282 seats, and coming to rule.
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?