The Chennai High court has given an order that the traffic cannot be blocked for more than 10 minutes for bureaucrats and officials like Governor, Chief Justice or the Chief Minister's cars and convoy.
A case had been filed by an advocate named Duraisamy, as his car had been stopped in the traffic for more than one hour, in 2017. This case had come to hearing today, in the bench presided by Chief justice Indra Banerjee. Hearing the plea of the petitioner, the judge had given a verdict instructing the traffic policemen that the cars of higher officials like Chief Justice, Chief Minister, Governor must not be stopped for more than 10 minutes in the traffic.
Due to long delays in
traffic blockage for VIPs, lots of people are facing troubles in reaching
hospitals as well as getting treatment, and the court had also added that this
10 minutes block rule will not be applicable for Prime Minister's car and
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna