The Chennai High court has given an order that the traffic cannot be blocked for more than 10 minutes for bureaucrats and officials like Governor, Chief Justice or the Chief Minister's cars and convoy.
A case had been filed by an advocate named Duraisamy, as his car had been stopped in the traffic for more than one hour, in 2017. This case had come to hearing today, in the bench presided by Chief justice Indra Banerjee. Hearing the plea of the petitioner, the judge had given a verdict instructing the traffic policemen that the cars of higher officials like Chief Justice, Chief Minister, Governor must not be stopped for more than 10 minutes in the traffic.
Due to long delays in
traffic blockage for VIPs, lots of people are facing troubles in reaching
hospitals as well as getting treatment, and the court had also added that this
10 minutes block rule will not be applicable for Prime Minister's car and
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites