Hyderabad sources have stated that digital transactions in India hit 1.1 billion in January but lag way behind the government’s target of 26 billion by this fiscal end (2017-18). According to this trend is being attributed to people switching back to cash transactions, where the two Telugu states top the country in digital transactions. The second highest in the country is bagged by Andhra Pradesh, at 1,839 digital transactions for every 1,000 persons.
Meanwhile other states which recorded higher digital transactions for every 1,000 persons were Himachal Pradesh (1,532) and Gujarat (1,053. The country-wide average digital transactions for every 1,000 persons were recorded at 23,872. Further according to provisional data released by the Reserve Bank of India, digital payment transactions increased in volume by 4.73% to 1.11 billion in January from 1.06 billion in December.
However, only 14.8 billion digital transactions
were undertaken across India from 1 April 2017 to January 2018. Moreover to
promote digital transactions, the Centre announced in December 2017 that it
will bear the MDR (Merchant Discount Rate) charges on transactions up to Rs
2,000 made through debit cards, BHIM UPI or Aadhaar-enabled payment systems.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna