Hyderabad sources have stated that digital transactions in India hit 1.1 billion in January but lag way behind the government’s target of 26 billion by this fiscal end (2017-18). According to this trend is being attributed to people switching back to cash transactions, where the two Telugu states top the country in digital transactions. The second highest in the country is bagged by Andhra Pradesh, at 1,839 digital transactions for every 1,000 persons.
Meanwhile other states which recorded higher digital transactions for every 1,000 persons were Himachal Pradesh (1,532) and Gujarat (1,053. The country-wide average digital transactions for every 1,000 persons were recorded at 23,872. Further according to provisional data released by the Reserve Bank of India, digital payment transactions increased in volume by 4.73% to 1.11 billion in January from 1.06 billion in December.
However, only 14.8 billion digital transactions
were undertaken across India from 1 April 2017 to January 2018. Moreover to
promote digital transactions, the Centre announced in December 2017 that it
will bear the MDR (Merchant Discount Rate) charges on transactions up to Rs
2,000 made through debit cards, BHIM UPI or Aadhaar-enabled payment systems.
Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power Moscow sources reported that Russia on Sunday is set to elect Vladimir Putin to a historic fourth Kremlin term, as the country faces increasing isolation over a spy poisoning in Britain and a fresh round of US sanctions. Meanwhile since taking power 18 years ago, Putin has stamped his total authority on the country, silencing opposition and reasserting Moscow's lost might abroad.
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?
- US President criticized by United States for election meddling & other actions