According to sources earlier in January, women led protests against U.S. President Donald Trump saw hundreds of thousands of women take to the streets in American cities as well as Sydney, London, Tokyo and other cities across Europe and Asia. Meanwhile many wore knitted pink cat eared "pussyhats," a reference to Trump's boast in a 2005 video made public during the election campaign about grabbing women's genitals.
Accordingly the Victoria and Albert Museum, a top tourist attraction in the British capital, is now showcasing a hat knitted by Jayna Zweiman, the co-founder of the Pussyhat project, which called on people to turn the women's march into a "sea of pink."
Corinna Gardner, a curator at the museum, said in a
statement that "This modest pink hat is a material thing that through its
design enables us to raise questions about our current political and social
circumstance”. Further the founders of the project, Jayna Zweiman and Krista
Suh, called on people around the world to make the "pussyhats" for
those attending the march, which took place the day after Trump's inauguration.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?