According to sources after a series of scams in the Banking sector, the govt. revenue sleuths have unearthed a new scam, the TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) scam worth Rs 3,200 crore. Meanwhile according to reports, as many as 447 companies haven't paid the tax to the govt. after deducting the same from their employees for the period April 2017 to March 2018.
Sources have reported that these companies, under the Income Tax Act, are to deduct TDS on behalf of the govt. and deposit it into the government account within a prescribed time frame. Meanwhile they however have been found guilty of deducting the tax from the employees and using for their business interests.
Further the tax evasion offense attracts a minimum
punishment of rigorous imprisonment of three months to a maximum of seven years
with fine. The offenders are from various sectors including real estate, film
industry, infrastructure and start-ups. Some of the offenders are reportedly
politically well connected and accordingly the IT dept. has initiated
prosecution against all these firms.
YSR Congress gave notice for no-trust motion as SCS not granted to AP New Delhi sources have stated that the YSR Congress Party will pitch for taking up their notice of no-confidence motion against the Modi government when the Lok Sabha meets today amid no signs of a let-up in the deadlock in its proceedings. Meanwhile Y V Subba Reddy of the YSR Congress has written to the Lok Sabha secretariat to put his notice for the motion in the revised list of business for today.
- US told Pakistan to do more against Taliban & other terror groups operating
- Rahul says Modi is not fighting corruption, Modi is corruption
- AirAsia Flight returned to Bengaluru instead of landing in Chennai
- Controversial actress cites Modi as role model for Women!
- A Dog makes a plane to take diversion!
- 53 years old rapes 90 year old!!
- Southern states join hands against Modi!!
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?