According to sources after a series of scams in the Banking sector, the govt. revenue sleuths have unearthed a new scam, the TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) scam worth Rs 3,200 crore. Meanwhile according to reports, as many as 447 companies haven't paid the tax to the govt. after deducting the same from their employees for the period April 2017 to March 2018.
Sources have reported that these companies, under the Income Tax Act, are to deduct TDS on behalf of the govt. and deposit it into the government account within a prescribed time frame. Meanwhile they however have been found guilty of deducting the tax from the employees and using for their business interests.
Further the tax evasion offense attracts a minimum
punishment of rigorous imprisonment of three months to a maximum of seven years
with fine. The offenders are from various sectors including real estate, film
industry, infrastructure and start-ups. Some of the offenders are reportedly
politically well connected and accordingly the IT dept. has initiated
prosecution against all these firms.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party