According to sources after a series of scams in the Banking sector, the govt. revenue sleuths have unearthed a new scam, the TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) scam worth Rs 3,200 crore. Meanwhile according to reports, as many as 447 companies haven't paid the tax to the govt. after deducting the same from their employees for the period April 2017 to March 2018.
Sources have reported that these companies, under the Income Tax Act, are to deduct TDS on behalf of the govt. and deposit it into the government account within a prescribed time frame. Meanwhile they however have been found guilty of deducting the tax from the employees and using for their business interests.
Further the tax evasion offense attracts a minimum
punishment of rigorous imprisonment of three months to a maximum of seven years
with fine. The offenders are from various sectors including real estate, film
industry, infrastructure and start-ups. Some of the offenders are reportedly
politically well connected and accordingly the IT dept. has initiated
prosecution against all these firms.
Parakala quits AP govt as advisor Parakala quits AP govt as advisor In a swift development in the State, Parakala Prabhakar had resigned to his Media Advisor post for the Andhra Pradesh government. He had sent his resignation to Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday noon, ahead of the Cabinet meeting scheduled for this evening.
- Why Mahesh Babu met Uttarakhand CM?
- 3 killed in Japan's Osaka City due to Earthquake
- PM Modi lightened up Chandrababu Naidu by lauding him
- By 2020, 21 major cities expected to reach zero groundwater level
- Melania Trump did not denounce Donald Trump's administration's policy, called for immigration reform to fix issue
- YSR Congress ridicules Andhra Jyothis poll survey
- Kiren Rijju supports Anushka and Kohli!
- Airtel users can now get an exciting new plan!
- VVL is more into farmers issues
- S Ve Shekar who should be arrested is taking a Selfie with TN ministers - Pathetic Tamil Nadu!
- Audi faces troubles with Emission test!
- Rajya Sabha deputy chairman election, tough time for NDA, UPA
- Anushka scolding a man for littering VIDEO goes viral
- Minor leak detected in Sulphuric acid in Vedanta south Indian copper smelter
- Yoga for Beginners and Experienced People