Mumbai sources reported that the Central Bureau of Investigation detained Vipul Chitalia, the vice president of Gitanjali Group of Companies, as a part of its probe into the multi crore Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud. Meanwhile an official said Chitalia was apprehended at Mumbai airport and brought to the CBI office at the Bandra-Kurla Complex in Mumbai for questioning, but did not divulge any other details about Chitalia's alleged role in the PNB fraud.
Meanwhile the Rs 12,636 crore fraud was allegedly perpetrated by billionaire jeweler Nirav Modi and his uncle Mehul Choksi, the promoter of Gitanjali Gems. Further it is alleged that Choksi and Nirav Modi got Letters of Undertakings (LoUs) and Foreign Letters of Credit (FLCs) of Rs 12,636 crore issued in favor of foreign branches of Indian banks based on fraudulent claims.
Moreover according to sources the accused officials
of PNB did not enter the instructions for these LoUs and in their internal
software to avoid scrutiny. They were sent through an international messaging
system for banking called SWIFT, which is used to pass instructions among banks
globally to transfer funds. Furthermore in case of default, the bank
issuing the LoU has to pay the liability to the credit giving bank along with
Parakala quits AP govt as advisor Parakala quits AP govt as advisor In a swift development in the State, Parakala Prabhakar had resigned to his Media Advisor post for the Andhra Pradesh government. He had sent his resignation to Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday noon, ahead of the Cabinet meeting scheduled for this evening.
- Why Mahesh Babu met Uttarakhand CM?
- 3 killed in Japan's Osaka City due to Earthquake
- PM Modi lightened up Chandrababu Naidu by lauding him
- By 2020, 21 major cities expected to reach zero groundwater level
- Melania Trump did not denounce Donald Trump's administration's policy, called for immigration reform to fix issue
- YSR Congress ridicules Andhra Jyothis poll survey
- Kiren Rijju supports Anushka and Kohli!
- Airtel users can now get an exciting new plan!
- VVL is more into farmers issues
- S Ve Shekar who should be arrested is taking a Selfie with TN ministers - Pathetic Tamil Nadu!
- Audi faces troubles with Emission test!
- Rajya Sabha deputy chairman election, tough time for NDA, UPA
- Anushka scolding a man for littering VIDEO goes viral
- Minor leak detected in Sulphuric acid in Vedanta south Indian copper smelter
- Yoga for Beginners and Experienced People