Mumbai sources reported that the Central Bureau of Investigation detained Vipul Chitalia, the vice president of Gitanjali Group of Companies, as a part of its probe into the multi crore Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud. Meanwhile an official said Chitalia was apprehended at Mumbai airport and brought to the CBI office at the Bandra-Kurla Complex in Mumbai for questioning, but did not divulge any other details about Chitalia's alleged role in the PNB fraud.
Meanwhile the Rs 12,636 crore fraud was allegedly perpetrated by billionaire jeweler Nirav Modi and his uncle Mehul Choksi, the promoter of Gitanjali Gems. Further it is alleged that Choksi and Nirav Modi got Letters of Undertakings (LoUs) and Foreign Letters of Credit (FLCs) of Rs 12,636 crore issued in favor of foreign branches of Indian banks based on fraudulent claims.
Moreover according to sources the accused officials
of PNB did not enter the instructions for these LoUs and in their internal
software to avoid scrutiny. They were sent through an international messaging
system for banking called SWIFT, which is used to pass instructions among banks
globally to transfer funds. Furthermore in case of default, the bank
issuing the LoU has to pay the liability to the credit giving bank along with
YSR Congress gave notice for no-trust motion as SCS not granted to AP New Delhi sources have stated that the YSR Congress Party will pitch for taking up their notice of no-confidence motion against the Modi government when the Lok Sabha meets today amid no signs of a let-up in the deadlock in its proceedings. Meanwhile Y V Subba Reddy of the YSR Congress has written to the Lok Sabha secretariat to put his notice for the motion in the revised list of business for today.
- US told Pakistan to do more against Taliban & other terror groups operating
- Rahul says Modi is not fighting corruption, Modi is corruption
- AirAsia Flight returned to Bengaluru instead of landing in Chennai
- Controversial actress cites Modi as role model for Women!
- A Dog makes a plane to take diversion!
- 53 years old rapes 90 year old!!
- Southern states join hands against Modi!!
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?