Florida sources reported a person in Florida already has to be 21 to buy a handgun but that restriction, if the laws are also accepted by the state's House of Representatives, would extend to other guns such as rifles. According to sources the news comes just weeks after 14 students and three staff was shot dead at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.
Meanwhile the powerful National Rifle Association (NRA) has opposed any rising of age limits or new waiting times. Moreover the lawmakers voted not to arm teachers, unless they are part of the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps program, members of the military or former police officers.
according to a spokeswoman for Mr. Scott, he also "still has
concerns" about the three day waiting period, something he has previously
opposed. Moreover the Senate bill also provides nearly $400m to pay for school
safety and mental health initiatives, along with new powers for police to take
guns from those involuntarily committed or deemed a danger to them.
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!