According to sources Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday that Saudi Arabia had granted Air India permission to fly over its territory on its new routes to and from Tel Aviv. Meanwhile there was no immediate confirmation from either Saudi officials or Air India. Netanyahu made the announcement during a briefing in Washington to Israeli reporters after he had met US President Donald Trump.
Meanwhile Saudi Arabia does not recognize Israel and lifting the 70 year old airspace ban would reflect what appears to be thawing ties between Israel and the kingdom, both US allies with a shared concern over Iranian influence in the region. Previously Air India announced the planned thrice weekly flights to Tel Aviv over Saudi soil, but the General Authority of Civil Aviation in Riyadh said at the time it had not granted such permission to the carrier.
Accordingly El Al Israel Airlines, the country's flag
carrier, flies four weekly flights to Mumbai. These take seven hours as they
fly south toward Ethiopia and then east to India, avoiding Saudi airspace. Recently
the Israel media have said that Saudi over flight routes could reduce travel
time by more than two hours.
Parakala quits AP govt as advisor Parakala quits AP govt as advisor In a swift development in the State, Parakala Prabhakar had resigned to his Media Advisor post for the Andhra Pradesh government. He had sent his resignation to Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday noon, ahead of the Cabinet meeting scheduled for this evening.
- Why Mahesh Babu met Uttarakhand CM?
- 3 killed in Japan's Osaka City due to Earthquake
- PM Modi lightened up Chandrababu Naidu by lauding him
- By 2020, 21 major cities expected to reach zero groundwater level
- Melania Trump did not denounce Donald Trump's administration's policy, called for immigration reform to fix issue
- YSR Congress ridicules Andhra Jyothis poll survey
- Kiren Rijju supports Anushka and Kohli!
- Airtel users can now get an exciting new plan!
- VVL is more into farmers issues
- S Ve Shekar who should be arrested is taking a Selfie with TN ministers - Pathetic Tamil Nadu!
- Audi faces troubles with Emission test!
- Rajya Sabha deputy chairman election, tough time for NDA, UPA
- Anushka scolding a man for littering VIDEO goes viral
- Minor leak detected in Sulphuric acid in Vedanta south Indian copper smelter
- Yoga for Beginners and Experienced People