According to sources one in five people around the world believe women are inferior to men and should stay at home, and that men are more capable in the workplace and at school. Meanwhile a global survey reported that nearly all of the 17,550 people surveyed agreed that men and women should have equal rights, but three in four respondents said women still experienced social, political and financial inequality.
Kully Kaur-Ballagan, director at Ipsos MORI that carried out the poll said "It's encouraging that the vast majority of both men and women around the world believe in equal opportunity but at the same time most still believe that true equality of rights is not here yet”. Further across 24 countries, including Brazil, Canada, Russia, Britain, India and Sweden, more than half of those interviewed by Ipsos MORI called themselves a "feminist", but a quarter said they were "scared" to speak up for women's rights.
Furthermore around half of those polled in China,
Russia and India said men were superior to women and better at earning money
and at attaining education, which was released to tie in with International
Women's Day on Wednesday. Moreover the World Economic Forum said in its 2016
gender gap index that men and women will not reach economic equality for another
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party