NRIs across the world are actively participating in protests against the Indian government and seeking the government to fulfill its promise of granting special category status to Andhra Pradesh. Other then cities in US, protests and demonstrations were held in parts of Australia, Middle East were the NRI population is in large numbers. At the selected protest locations, NRIs thronged in large numbers, with placards reading 'AP demands Justice', 'Save Andhra Pradesh', 'Special Status is our Right', with several protests being silent ones.
The organizers of these protests, during their press interaction revealed that they were worried seeing the developments in home, and were saddened seeing the injustice served by the center to their state. They also urged the state to fulfill all the promises made by the central government during the bifurcation of the state in 2014, leading to Andhra Pradesh being left with a daunting task of building a capital city. With a population of 3.2 lakh telugu people in US, telugu is the third most spoken Indian language in US, and 321695 people aged more than 5 speak Telugu at home.
AP and Telangana have always been
known for sending the maximum number of Students from India to US, and their
subsequent employment in US software companies and other organizations. The
finance minister of the state, Ramakrishnudu had earlier said that the meeting
with finance minister Arun Jaitley was focused on the special status, and TDP
insisted on center to look after the 16000 crore revenue deficit, and added
that the protest in parliament would continue.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?