NRIs across the world are actively participating in protests against the Indian government and seeking the government to fulfill its promise of granting special category status to Andhra Pradesh. Other then cities in US, protests and demonstrations were held in parts of Australia, Middle East were the NRI population is in large numbers. At the selected protest locations, NRIs thronged in large numbers, with placards reading 'AP demands Justice', 'Save Andhra Pradesh', 'Special Status is our Right', with several protests being silent ones.
The organizers of these protests, during their press interaction revealed that they were worried seeing the developments in home, and were saddened seeing the injustice served by the center to their state. They also urged the state to fulfill all the promises made by the central government during the bifurcation of the state in 2014, leading to Andhra Pradesh being left with a daunting task of building a capital city. With a population of 3.2 lakh telugu people in US, telugu is the third most spoken Indian language in US, and 321695 people aged more than 5 speak Telugu at home.
AP and Telangana have always been
known for sending the maximum number of Students from India to US, and their
subsequent employment in US software companies and other organizations. The
finance minister of the state, Ramakrishnudu had earlier said that the meeting
with finance minister Arun Jaitley was focused on the special status, and TDP
insisted on center to look after the 16000 crore revenue deficit, and added
that the protest in parliament would continue.
Endorsement of a candidate considered a sign of consolidating votes in Karnataka According to sources Rahul Gandhi, the President of the All India Congress Committee, smiled and interacted with the children at the Sringeri Mutt in Chikkamagaluru district during his one-hour visit. Meanwhile Rahul Gandhi also spent time talking to the seer Jagadguru Shankaracharya during the visit.
- PM Narendra Modi's book EXAM WARRIORS changed attitude of many students
- Mayawati struggle for seat in UP became tougher- Here is why
- Voting underway for 26 remaining seats of 59 across seven states, with eyes on UP
- Why US President Trump's Russian Lawyer resigned?
- Interest shared between India, US Navies
- After Jallikattu, A Massive Protest against STERLITE Copper industries!
- Will Shami's sexual allegations cost him IPL 2018?
- "We switched off all CCTV's as soon as Jayalalitha was brought inside..." - Apollo Hospitals
- 7 States Leaders queued up to vote
- Crucial Rajya Sabha Polls Today!!!
- Hardik Pandya's FAKE Twitter Account's Tweet gets him arrested
- Social media made Narendra Modi storm into Power made him PM
- BJP's game plan seems to be target Lokesh & prove him corrupt
- New York City buildings regulator launched investigations at Kushner Cos properties
- Boris Johnson agrees with MPs Putin & Hitler comparison