NRIs across the world are actively participating in protests against the Indian government and seeking the government to fulfill its promise of granting special category status to Andhra Pradesh. Other then cities in US, protests and demonstrations were held in parts of Australia, Middle East were the NRI population is in large numbers. At the selected protest locations, NRIs thronged in large numbers, with placards reading 'AP demands Justice', 'Save Andhra Pradesh', 'Special Status is our Right', with several protests being silent ones.
The organizers of these protests, during their press interaction revealed that they were worried seeing the developments in home, and were saddened seeing the injustice served by the center to their state. They also urged the state to fulfill all the promises made by the central government during the bifurcation of the state in 2014, leading to Andhra Pradesh being left with a daunting task of building a capital city. With a population of 3.2 lakh telugu people in US, telugu is the third most spoken Indian language in US, and 321695 people aged more than 5 speak Telugu at home.
AP and Telangana have always been
known for sending the maximum number of Students from India to US, and their
subsequent employment in US software companies and other organizations. The
finance minister of the state, Ramakrishnudu had earlier said that the meeting
with finance minister Arun Jaitley was focused on the special status, and TDP
insisted on center to look after the 16000 crore revenue deficit, and added
that the protest in parliament would continue.
Will Owaisi help YS Jagan? According to sources it was stated that MIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi has taken a serious note of Chandrababu Naidu during his political campaign in Telangana against TRS and MIM. Meanwhile Owaisi has stated that Jagan is his friend and he would campaign for him in Andhra Pradesh. Accordingly Owaisi said Chandrababu Naidu would taste it soon and also said he would vigorously campaign in favor of Jagan in the areas where his community is densely populated.
- KTR becomes Working President of TRS Party
- Rajinikanth targeted Centre on the Mekedatu issue
- Will Rahul Gandhi apologize PM in Rafael Deal issue?
- Top mentioned Telangana Candidates in Twitter
- Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students