According to sources Instagram has not announced it officially yet; files titled “call” and “video call” with phone and camera icons respectively has been spotted in its Android application packages (APKs). Meanwhile Apk's usually contain code of soon-to-be launched features. The “call” and “video call” files are said to be found in the standalone Instagram Direct app and the development was first reported by TechCrunch.
Previously in January, WhatsApp industry blog WABetaInfo had hinted that Instagram could potentially allow its users who chat on Instagram DM to also make voice calls. Moreover these dug up files seem to confirm this early rumor and could have Instagram launching these new features very soon.
Furthermore with the addition of voice and video
calling, Instagram may soon be in competition with its biggest rival, Snapchat.
Further it is very much possible that Instagram might eventually decide not to
release the voice and video calling features because APKs sometimes can house
several abandoned app features too. Meanwhile if Instagram goes on to include
these calling features and it would certainly resemble even more like its rival
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!