Colombo sources have stated that Sri Lanka yesterday declared a state of emergency for 10 days after violent clashes broke out between Buddhists and minority Muslims in the country's central Kandy district that left two persons dead. Accordingly President Maithripala Sirisena and the Cabinet had decided to declare a state of emergency for 10 days following the violence prevailed in some parts of the country.
Meanwhile the Minister of Social Empowerment S B Dissanayake said a Gazette notification would be issued right away, he told reporters outside the President's Secretariat, where the Cabinet meeting was held. He quoted “There are allegations that the law was not implemented to minimize the impact of these tense situations. Now, the Police and Army personnel had been deployed to respective areas to beef up security".
Moreover Dissanayake said the President could
decide at the end of the 10 days, whether to extend the state of emergency.
Accordingly the elite special task force was deployed in the area after riots
broke out following the death of an assault victim, a Sinhalese, who was
attacked by the members of the minority community.
Mega family ready to campaign for Pawan in 2019 Polls Andhra Pradesh sources have stated that the entire Mega family, which stood behind Pawan Kalyan in Sri Reddy issue, is now contemplating to campaign for Pawan and Janasena in 2019 polls. While Naga Babu openly announced that he would join Janasena at appropriate time, now Ram Charan joined the chorus. Charan, who usually abstains from politics, too announced that he is ready to rally for Babai in elections which is indeed a happy moment for all mega fans.
- Will Vedanta's Copper Smelter be closed permanently?
- Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD
- Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma?
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises