Washington sources reported that Trump did not specify whether he would travel to Jerusalem in May or sooner, given that his administration's intention is to send just a small delegation from the US diplomatic mission comprised of the ambassador and a few advisers to the Jerusalem ceremony, while the new embassy itself is under construction.
The President said, however, that the new embassy will be built very quickly. Meanwhile in addition, Trump expressed optimism regarding the future of his efforts to bring about peace between the Israelis and Palestinians, despite the fact that his decision to transfer the US Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv spurred the Palestinians to assert that the US president could not be a mediator in that process.
Furthermore Netanyahu thanked Trump for the
"historic" recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital and compared
the move to for instance the 1917 Balfour Declaration in which the then-British
foreign secretary promised the Jews a homeland in the Middle East. Moreover the
Israeli leader also emphasized the two nations' mutual concern about Iran's
activities in the region, saying that Tehran "must be stopped."
Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power Moscow sources reported that Russia on Sunday is set to elect Vladimir Putin to a historic fourth Kremlin term, as the country faces increasing isolation over a spy poisoning in Britain and a fresh round of US sanctions. Meanwhile since taking power 18 years ago, Putin has stamped his total authority on the country, silencing opposition and reasserting Moscow's lost might abroad.
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?
- US President criticized by United States for election meddling & other actions