Presently Ola and Uber ride hailing cab companies’ rivalry to go one notch higher as Ola is set to raise another massive round of funding to the tune of $1 billion from Temasek, the Singapore based sovereign wealth fund and there are possibly other investors as well. Meanwhile these investments will be partly through secondary sale of shares plus other direct routes.
According to sources in Ola’s 8 year existence, this is the first such liquidity-raising instance and the company’s valuation may be pegged around $6-7 billion. Meanwhile Uber’s top management, led by CEO Dara Khosrowshahi has clearly stated that they are in India for the long haul and see value in the market and will continue to operate in India.
Sources have added that globally too, Uber is trying to cut its losses in
the Asian region by selling its South-East Asia business to Soft Bank owned
Grab, while at the same time Ola has moved overseas and is challenging Uber in
Australia, offering a much better deal to the drivers there (7.5% commission as
opposed 20% charged by Uber). Accordingly auto rides offered by Ola and pooled
rides by both and these have grown rapidly over the past few quarters for both
Ola and Uber.
TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao (KCR) said the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) party will waive all the loans below Rs 1 lakh and double the pensions given to the beneficiaries if elected to power in the upcoming elections. While speaking to media at Telangana Bhavan and KCR announced the TRS's partial manifesto after convening a meeting with the party manifesto committee.
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto
- Bengaluru ranked 216th spot by Swachh Bharat Survekshan
- Crime rate gone down in TN?
- Vishal files case
- KCR seeks 20,000 Crores for an irrigation project
- Janasena party looking for candidates..
- 600 women arrested against immigration policy by Trump
- Cops make an entry into priests rape case
- Why Yogi hestitated to wear a cap?
- Social war between TDP and YCP
- E-Commerce Firms growth in peak this festive season
- Sensor based Smart Traffic Signals to be installed in Bengaluru
- Will Gajwel people make KCR win?
- Cracking Coconut before performing Navaratri Pooja is auspicious